Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 241088 views.
jamielsg

7/8/12

Oh no..........our Sweet Hana Bride.............I love you Ms. Hana...........prayers for your strength................

Bumping for any help with Hana's vet bill...................

Jamie
Mimsforever

7/8/12

Just checked on Hana Bride. She is standing. Pretty stiff, still unstable but had enough sense to wipe snot all over the front of my jammies.

Guys, this was scary! Those of you who have visited will be able to visualize the barn. Hana's stall is on the end, left hand side of the bigger barn.

This is the first day of my "vacation" from my paid job. I have two lovely 12 year old girls from Long Island spending a week with the ladies. Its another chance to alert the next generation to our cause. We were saddling horses to go on a trail ride when the the skies darkened.

Naturally, I did not want to scare them when the storm hit. But told them, "Go into the tack room and stay there." They did so immediately.

I had just given Hana (for her sinus infection) two antibiotic shots and was walking away when two very close lightning strikes shook the barn.

I felt them run under my feet sending shock up my spine.

EVERY horse in the barn was going nuts! As soon as the worst of the lightning subsided we released the riding horses tied in the barn aisle, then started opening stall doors. We hadn't heard any tornado sirens but I knew, if I left the ladies in their stalls any longer, they would hurt themselves in their fright.

Hana's was the last door I opened as she is the slowest to leave the barn. She staggered out of the barn, stood in the rain with drool pouring out of her mouth.

I went out and brought her back in, calling the vet as we walked.

I was sure she would die. But we gave her the best medicine available...expensive at $100 for two shots, but it is something that will really help. Hana's muscles and whole body will be VERY stiff...these meds should help ease her discomfort.

Doc says if she doesn't fall and break something between now and the time she regains her balance (could be weeks) she ought to be ok.

Hana will be hand walked while her stall is cleaned, and sponge bathed in linaments until she feels better.

Me, on the other hand, will take more than a few injections. I may need a couple quarts of whiskey, tons of prayers and at least a gallon of Crisp wine.

The ladies are driving me to DRINK!

jamielsg

7/9/12

Poor Hana..............poor baby girl..................it's a miracle that she survived.  Please tell her that I love her very much as I do Elmhurst and all The Ladies................I am praying for Hana.  This has been a miserable summer so far.............

Hugs Jeanne..............

Love, Jamie

Bumping for help with Hana's vet bill.............Lynda P sent $25.........$75 still needed to help with Hana's meds................
Weldon54

7/9/12

Jamie, I'm going to send it....$75. We must take care of these precious ones....they are more valuable than gold.

Faye

Weldon54

7/9/12

It would not allow me to donate. It said you need to update information on your website before donations can be completed. I'm donating $75 when you get your donation thingy fixed. :)

Okay, I just got an email saying that I had  donated, so obviously it did take my donation. Just check it and make sure you get it. If not, just let me know. And, you'll know that something on the webstie needs fixing, as well.

Faye

Take sides! Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
~Elie Wiesel  (Prisoner/survivor of Auschwitz)

• Edited 7/9/2012 4:23 am ET by Weldon54
Mimsforever

7/9/12

Hana is up and looking for company this morning! We will be in the barn all day so she will get her wish.

Thanks to all who donated and prayed. Our initial vet bills are now covered.

I am seriously considering rubber mats in the stalls. I will have to price them.

LyndaP31

7/9/12

Allright! Wohoo! she still has spirit!!!
LyndaP31

7/9/12

Faye, paypal didn't even bother to send me an email letting me know mine went thru lol! I think its paypal that is messed up.
LyndaP31

7/9/12

Hmm, could you make sure my donation went thru? I am looking at my paypal and my history and yesterday's donation is not showing up.

I resent, it should have went thru this time. FYI when it told me I was going to be redirected to the Our Mims page, my Malware told me it was a malicious site lol. It would not redirect me.

Edited 7/9/2012 8:47 am ET by LyndaP31
  • Edited 7/9/2012 8:48 am ET by LyndaP31
GildersMom

7/9/12

Notification of your payment just came through, Lynda. We're good to go!

Thank you and thanks to everyone who has donated! The ladies, especially Hana, really do appreciate it!

We are so thankful that worse things did not happen. Thank goodness Hana is up and looking better.

I will check on the donation button, but be aware that this is the day that sneaky virus awakens, and web sites will be hyper vigilant and maybe a little stupid until the full brunt of the malware can be determined.

Thanks again, everyone!