Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 244665 views.
jamielsg

10/9/12

Thanks Lynda.......hopefully Jeanne will come on and chat a minute............everyone looks pretty sassy! Love the kitty............is he/she Cruella's baby?

Jamie
LyndaP31

10/9/12

No, the kitty came from a litter that a momma kitty tried to dispose of. Momma was a really bad mom and tried to do away with her kids.
jamielsg

10/9/12

Oh no........hateful kitty mama.............

AmericaBlues

10/9/12

Love the pictures Linda, makes me miss those ladies so much. So glad you all had a great time. I hope to return next April for another Mims day.

Ruth (NJ)

Weldon54

10/9/12

Great pictures, Lynda! It's so good to see everyone enjoying a "carrot party" in the pasture. I've missed all the pictures and videos you used to take.

Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Faye

KLB (ghizmatt)

10/9/12

Thanks for the pictures of the ladies.  As I remember, they are not shy when it comes to getting carrots. 
KLB
Mimsforever

10/11/12

yes beautiful pictures!

Mimsforever

10/11/12

Hey all,

Ms Stalwart is not doing well. She hurts so much; meds do not seem to help. She is also losing weight. Poor dear is SKINNY, skinny.

I am afraid she will be leaving us soon. She is not happy at all, and, there doesn't seem to be any quality of life left.

I dread the winter with her arthritis paining her so. At least with the Princess I can keep the pain at bay with meds. I can't with Stalwart. It is not fair to her to make her go on. Its just not right. No matter how much it hurts us, there is a time to say goodbye.

• Edited 10/11/2012 8:57 am ET by Mimsforever
LabbieLove3

10/11/12

Bless you for always putting "what's best for the horse" first... they are lucky to live out their retirements with you!

Julie