MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Remember Ernie from Horse Feathers?   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 11/17/10 by PiaC (PiaCM); 77817 views.
PiaC (PiaCM)

11/17/10

Well, after seeing how many people remember Tullie from Horse Feathers,
I thought some of you might like to see Ernie, the once-emaciated
colt who struggled after hernia surgery.

Remember this little guy?

Well, here he is today:

I fell in love in love with Ernie the first time I went to Horse Feathers and it wasn't long before Ernie made it clear that I was to be his person. I worked with him for a year at HFER and finally adopted him in January of this year. He is sweet and so smart and the friendliest horse anyone has ever met. Cheri and Viet did an amazing job raising this horse that nearly didn't get a chance. Today he is happy, very healthy and still growing!

We owe a great debt to Cheri, Viet and all of the people who sent money and prayers for Ernie when he needed them. As we enter this holiday season, I wanted to be sure and let you all how much you are appreciated.

• Edited 11/17/2010 6:20 pm by PiaCM
MMM2009

11/17/10

wow wow wow!  RT does amazing work :)  that's for sure - Ernie is just GORGEOUS!!  and lucky you - :)
magge514

11/17/10

Wow, Ernie is gorgeous!

LindaJ56

11/17/10

He looks AMAZING, Pia - thanks so much for the update and the picture!!

If I'm remembering right, there were the most wonderful pictures posted of Viet and Ernie, when Ernie was recovering from his surgery - hopefully I'm thinking of the right horse! I think in one of the pictures they had actually fallen asleep together, with Viet cradling Ernie. It was very very touching.

Thank you!

Linda J., Minneapolis

twigs6652

11/17/10

Wow!  I remember Ernie and most of Cherie's rescues.  She was one of the original rescues on the forum.  Ernie has certainly gone from a scared baby to a beautiful horse with wise and knowing eyes.  You are so lucky to have each other!

Lauren

JLNJ

11/17/10

Oh thank you   thank you ...I do remember Ernie and checking in several times a day to see how he was doing. I too remember the pic of Viet and Ernie asleep together...lots of love there for sure.

What a handsome fellow he turned out to be. Much happiness together and thanks again for the update...Tullie and Ernie...2 wonderful stories 2 days in a row !!! So heartwarming to hear they are happy and loved !!

Jessie

kckellsbells

11/17/10

Hi Pia!  Ernie looks fantastic!  Thanks for being his mom. :)
kckellsbells

11/17/10

Yep, that was Ernie and Viet in the stall sleeping. :)
LindaJ56

11/17/10

Thanks Kelly for confirming - good to know my memory isn't totally shot  :)

They were just beautiful pics, and it's pretty terrific to see Ernie now.

Linda J., Minneapolis  :)

MargieM17

11/17/10

Yes, I do! Wow!!

Margie