MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stonestreet Stars   Horse Racing

Started 4/21/11 by TripCrown73; 286000 views.
Derby132

8/30/18

Thanks for the update and it makes sense.

Just heading out the door for a long Saratoga weekend.  Got an invite to meet Eskimo Kisses!  And just realized 2 yo Restless Rider in same barn.  I think she races Saturday.

• Edited August 30, 2018 8:40 am  by  Derby132
cigarello

8/30/18

it is great they are listening to the horse: A little R&R will be great for him!!!

gerchgo

8/30/18

Awesome! Tell EK she’s great!! :)

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

cigarello

8/30/18

sounds like a blast- i know you will have so much fun!!!

poochluv2

8/31/18

I had read an article in HRN that Good Magic came out of race sick with an elevated white blood cell count.  Chad Brown indicated he was not shipping to Stonestreet until he appeared healthier!  Funny how one article differed from another.

Good Magic is a favorite of mine, and I just hope he gets a good rest,and the owner and trainer make a careful decision.whether he runs in the Breeders Cup.  I was glad to read they plan to race him in 2019.  Too many horses are retired too early ,as some of them really run stronger in their 4year old season.  

gerchgo

8/31/18

I have always liked Good Magic, picked him to win the BC Juvenile last year! Bloodhorse posted an article yesterday on him and the illness, just read it now;

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/229318/champion-good-magic-to-stonestreet-for-time-off

cigarello

9/1/18

Glad he is going to get checked out: hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with him--  hopefully all he needs is a little vacation from racing. 

gerchgo

9/6/18

Lady Aurelia to be offered at Fasig-Tipton. I’m surprised, I thought Stonestreet would keep her in the broodmare band?

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/lady-aurelia-to-sell-at-fasig-november/

Amy (1pony)

9/6/18

I am a bit surprised as well and it maybe one of the partners wants to cash out on her, so the only fair way is through auction. They do have mom, and a 1/2 sister and they are a commercial breeder, you cannot keep them all. I look forward to seeing what she will bring she is by Scat Daddy so the $$ will be there.

cigarello

9/7/18

I am surprised.