MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stonestreet Stars   Horse Racing

Started 4/21/11 by TripCrown73; 275843 views.
GreybirdK

4/21/11

I have the bottle I bought for my 60th birthday last year and I am saving it for that baby's birthday too. 
LindaVA3

4/21/11

We'll meet here and drink a toast to dreaming big dreams...
GreybirdK

4/21/11

Amen!! To big dreams, to Jess, to Rachel and to the little one.  Maybe I better try to get one more bottle ;-)

I'm scared, remembering Curlin's first one was lost in a paddock accident so fast, but I believe Rachel and her BFF Hot Dixie Chick will be great moms and take good care of their babies.

LindaVA3

4/22/11

I think they will be too, they look so cute together in their paddock :)
In reply toRe: msg 20
mjwilson4978

4/22/11

Condolences to his family.

Marilyn

In reply toRe: msg 1
JJCUVEE

4/22/11

We were at belmont upstairs in the food court and my husband says "look, it's Jess jackson". He was standing on line to get a nathans hotdog with some friends. You'd think he would be in the fancy dining room or something so I said to my husband he was crazy. So we went up to the line and sure enough he had on a Rachel hat and my husband introduced himself. He was so nice and wished us luck with our horse and told us rachel was really something else and we agreed. So was he..he had a great time these past few years. And he let rachel and curlin run for us..
Derby132

4/22/11

If you have not seen the Jess Jackson Memory Wall at Bloodhorse it is wonderful.  Greybirdk pointed it out last night and I am so glad she did.  It is a wonderful tribute to a great man.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/thoroughbred-memory-wall/archive/2011/04/21/jess-jackson.aspx

It's still hard for me to accept that he is gone....we have lost one of the greats of horse racing......for sure......
LindaVA3

4/23/11

Oh that's very nice, lots of wonderful comments.