MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Day medication reform   Horse Racing

Started 8/10/11 by LyndaP31; 75365 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/5/16

I agree!!

In reply toRe: msg 476
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/9/16

I think this is a pro active approach by the vets. 

gunny101

2/9/16

About time... I've often wondered how some vets avoid getting sanctioned or losing their credentials for stuff like prescribing meds for healthy horses who don't have certain conditions, but use it for performance enhancement.  If vet organizations would start policing their own ranks better, some of these issues would diminish and there'd be fewer dead horses.  I'd like to see it overseen at a level above the NAARV to take out the conflict of interest issues. It would be better if the national vet credentialing agency become the overseer - more objectivity.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/1/16

gunny101

3/1/16

Good for NY Racing!!  Hope other remaining racing commissions follow suit!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/10/16

WOW THIS IS AWESOME!!! 

gunny101

3/11/16

Got the WHOA email alert, and my reaction was the same as yours!  Go NYRA on this one!

In reply toRe: msg 482
Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/12/16

In reply toRe: msg 483
Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/15/16

This is good news and hopefully it keeps moving forward

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/21/16

Gunny we have a Race Day Medication thread already so I moved your link to the original one. 

Very interesting articles on Whoa latest updates.  A thoughtful perspective on why horse-racing is struggling. Thoroughbred Racing Commentary   He hit the nail squarely on the head with the metaphor "A Madhatter's Tea Party."  Also love the article on Hancock and his statement "I am a proud elitist" (translation: a horse's horsemen).  Go WHOA!!!