MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Day medication reform   Horse Racing

Started 8/10/11 by LyndaP31; 76261 views.
gunny101

3/11/16

Got the WHOA email alert, and my reaction was the same as yours!  Go NYRA on this one!

In reply toRe: msg 482
Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/12/16

In reply toRe: msg 483
Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/15/16

This is good news and hopefully it keeps moving forward

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/21/16

Gunny we have a Race Day Medication thread already so I moved your link to the original one. 

Very interesting articles on Whoa latest updates.  A thoughtful perspective on why horse-racing is struggling. Thoroughbred Racing Commentary   He hit the nail squarely on the head with the metaphor "A Madhatter's Tea Party."  Also love the article on Hancock and his statement "I am a proud elitist" (translation: a horse's horsemen).  Go WHOA!!!

gunny101

3/21/16

Thank you, Amy.  I tried to find it, but it is not showing up immediately in the list of folders, and very busy day so no time to search through the long list of less active folders.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/21/16

If you have the discussion list open and you cannot find a specific thread because it hasn't been posted to recently then click on the folder itself, ie Racing for this thread and ALL the racing threads will appear in order of their priority. It's a quick and easy wat to locate your favorite thread, or you can bookmark a message for a thread and then go to your bookmarks.

gunny101

3/21/16

Much easier - thanks!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/21/16

You are welcome, I will post those instructions on the change thread, please pass it on to your fellow FOB's as well. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/9/16

gerchgo

8/9/16

Good, now we just need the rest of the states to do this!