MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 429140 views.
gerchgo

Nov-6

Frank's Rockette, a multiple graded stakes winner of $1.5M, has been retired, breeder and owner Frank #Fletcher said Monday. Stallion plans for the 6-year-old mare are TBD, said Fletcher.

lindawilbe

Nov-8

Thank you for the update. I am sure we will continue to hear about the retirements and the stallion fees along with where the retired mares will be heading.

Thanks,

Linda J.

Northeast Philly  

cigarello

Nov-9

I wish these girls the very best in retirement but I will miss seeing Clairiere racing, closing really really fast

gerchgo

Nov-9

KY Derby winner Rich Strike to be offered as a stallion prospect during Keeneland’s Horses of Racing Age Sale.

cigarello

Nov-9

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/273284/2022-kentucky-derby-winner-rich-strike-retired

I feel strongly that his trainer ruined him physically and maybe mentally. I think the horse had some talent and could have been moderately successful. Glad they are doing the right thing.  They can never take his Derby win away. It was truly amazing. I wish him well and hope he goes to some decent people to live out his life, which I hope will be a long one.

gerchgo

Nov-9

I can’t say his trainer is to blame since we don’t know what his leg issues were.