MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 511585 views.
gerchgo

1/8/21

He seemed to have been a good sire in his short time of retirement, I hope his illness wasn’t hereditary?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/12/21

I am beyond sad today Thoroughbred Horse Racing has lost an incredible breeder/owner. I hope Juddmonte continues on though I do not know what his family situation is.

gerchgo

1/12/21

It is sad, hopefully they’ll continue racing.

gerchgo

1/13/21

Sounds hopeful

As for the future of Juddmonte, Chandler said no decisions have been made but he noted that Abdullah's sons have taken more of an interest in the breeding and racing operations over the last couple of years.

"I presume we'll keep going on," he said. "He was very much a friend, and I feel a great personal loss. The people at the farm have been with him a great many years. He wasn't just a boss, he was also a friend."

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/245619/juddmontes-prince-khalid-bin-abdullah-dies

Derby132

1/13/21

I was saddened by both the loss of Elmhurst and Goldikova.

Donated to Elmhurst’s big road trip to Our Mims and was there for Goldikova’s 3rd BC win.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/15/21

This is hopeful for sure!

cigarello

1/19/21

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/245743/two-time-grade-1-winner-bowies-hero-euthanized

7 year old Bowie's Hero was euthanized due to Laminitis- he was fighting an apparently very severe foot infection.  Very sad. Condolences to all who cared for and loved him.

gerchgo

1/19/21

I don’t remember him much, but he must have injured a leg after that last race. RIP sweet boy, my condolences to his connections and all who loved him.:(