MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 496491 views.
Flurry84

May-24

What a shock this loss is.  It is always exciting when a stallion is relocated from another area to KY and we begin to anticipate what he will produce in the years ahead.  And now he is gone...  May he Rest in Peace.

Sympathy to all those who loved and cared for him.

Hope the corgis are doing well.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-24

The syndicate owners may want to keep the cause private, I am ok with that. Racing and breeding is under a huge microscope right now, no sense fueling flames.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-24

He was an up and coming stud for sure. 

Corgis are great!

cigarello

May-24

I am of the opinion that owners have a right to keep some things  private about

their horses.  Fans always want more infomation in these situations, but we 

dont have a right to know necessarily.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-25

Condolences to his family and friends

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-26

Sad, condolences to his friends and family.

cigarello

May-29

In the 2nd race at Belmont an 8 year old gelding was pulled up- he was subsequently euthanized-his name was Playthatfunnymusic.  Of course the people on FS2 never provided a follow up as to what happened to the horse: I found this info at TBC .  Horses like this,  are not well known, and not many people sesem to care or  pay attention to when they break down:  I care and many people do as well. We care when a horse breaks down in a race and I wish those people at FS2 or TVG would provide some kind of follow up: instead they just go merrily on their way like it never happened. But it did happen and I wish to express my condolences to those who love and care for him.

gerchgo

May-29

I missed that race. RIP sweet boy, my condolences to his connections.

Flurry84

May-29

In the 7th at Pimlico, a three year old colt by Chrome was injured and vanned off.  Do not know how badly hurt he was, but wish I could find out.  The east coast sloppy tracks might have been a contributing factor.  The colt's name is Da Chrome --- prayers for his recovery.