MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 497517 views.
cigarello

May-31

Thanks for the name of the horse:  Hoping he recovers soon!!!

gerchgo

May-31

Agamemnon was pulled up in race 3 at SA and vanned off,did not look good, appeared to be right front(?).  I haven’t seen any update on him yet.

Flurry84

May-31

There seemed to be fewer injuries for a good while and now this happens.  Hoping trainers are being vigilant with all their charges --- the sport does not need this.

Prayers for Agamemnon.

gerchgo

May-31

I know, it’s been nice not  seeing breakdowns, but it seems they come in bunches and across different tracks.:(

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jun-1

Here is American d’oro’s workouts, this colt was NOT fit to be racing! Plus a 4 furlong work just 4 days before the race? UGH

Flurry84

Jun-1

Thank you for posting this additional info about American d'Oro.   He deserves better.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jun-1

Some trainers choose to get their horses fit by racing but this is absolutely unexceptionable IMHO

cigarello

Jun-1

Did American D'Oro pass away?  I am not clear about that- As of yesterday I thought he was ok

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jun-1

As far as we know American D’Oro is still alive , I just posted his very weak workout chart and IMHO he was not fit enough to run a credible race over 1 1/16 mile

cigarello

Jun-1

Thanks for that info:  it doesn't bode well for this horse if his trainer is putting him in races for which he isn't fit