MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 511166 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-23

He was way too young, more horses leaving us from heart attacks is disturbing 

cigarello

Jul-30

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/251926/bernardini-succumbs-to-laminitis-at-age-18

Laminitis has taken another great horse from us, Bernardini at age 18 has succumbed to this horrible evil disease.  I was so shocked to see this.  Condolences to all who love and care for this lovely horse.

gerchgo

Jul-30

I hate laminitis! RIP Bernardini, my condolences to his connections

cigarello

Jul-30

Why is it so difficult to find a way to find a way to prevent laminitis from being a fatal disease. It is so heart breaking to lose these wonderful horses to this horrible disease.

gerchgo

Jul-30

I think there are several ways horses  get laminitis, but I believe it all boils down to their ability to keep circulation flowing freely and evenly. It seems to follow what diabetes is to us humans, and research is ongoing with the human/ horse similarities .

• Edited July 30, 2021 9:03 pm  by  gerchgo
cigarello

Jul-30

Praying for a break through-- Your analogy to diabetes is a good one

Derby132

Aug-2

Bernardini's loss just killed me.  He was one very special horse.  So much intelligence in his eyes.

cigarello

Aug-8

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/interviews/a-plain-brown-wrapper-without-a-speck-of-white-on-him-remembering-bernardini/504537

A moving tribute to Bernardini (from the Racing Post)--- will bring tears to your eyes: he was a wonderful race horse with an amazing personality and demeanor-------

Derby132

Aug-8

Thanks for this.  Those plain brown wrapper horses can be special.  John Henry comes to mind.  Nothing plain about Bernardini’s gaze.  There was so much intelligence there.