MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 573352 views.
cigarello

Apr-16

Who couldn't love Zippy Chippy!!!

He lived a long life and was loved and cared for in his "retirement"

Rest in peace Zip!!!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-20

I am so sad. Condolences to all who cared and loved him.

Flurry84

Apr-20

This is so tragic.  Sending my sympathies to all who loved Midnight Bourbon.  Am always following the Tiznow colts, hoping for someone to carry on the line.  Will never get over the loss of Irap and now Midnight Bourbon.  Rest in blessed peace beautiful one.

cigarello

Apr-20

I just saw this  at HRN and could not believe it. So very sad. Rest In peace beautiful horse. Condolences to all who love and cared for him.

gerchgo

Apr-22

Green Light Go euthanized after training  injury. My condolences to his connections 

https://www.drf.com/news/green-light-go-euthanized-after-injury-during-workout

Derby132

Apr-22

My condolences.  That’s very sad.  It’s been a week of losses it feels like.

Derby132

Apr-23

Beautiful tribute to Midnight Bourbon:

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/this-side-up-a-loss-that-takes-us-to-the-epicenter/#.YmQFXBTKUuY.twitter

How heartbreaking, that this living hymn to vitality should have been so abruptly, so cruelly, reduced to the most harrowing indignities of mortality. Midnight Bourbon has been denied the legacy he deserved, in the breed itself, and must make do with a less tangible immortality in our memories and hearts.

These, too, will be finite. In the meantime, however, let's raise a midnight toast to the lesson he bequeaths. For while those racing gods may not be interested in what horsemen may or may not “deserve”, here was a horse that at least showed us what it is to be worthy.

• Edited April 23, 2022 4:41 pm  by  Derby132