MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jockey's and Trainer's Thread   Horse Racing

Started 3/9/12 by SmittyCat3; 411310 views.
SmittyCat3

3/21/12

I think Ramon will be back in time to ride Hansen (fingers crossed for him) 
What I don't understand is why he wasn't given Alpha for the La. Derby. Julien already has a mount, and so do Javier and Ramon.
BC was a throw out - gg and alpha came in 12th, but Alpha went berserk in the gate. .....maybe the owners don't want to give him a second chance..?
Donna6087

3/21/12

Maybe Alpha's people are hoping that he'll win big enough that Ramon would choose him over Hansen, though I don't understand why they don't put GG on him for whichever race they come up with next.  Maybe MM is hedging his bets by giving him a mount this weekend, just in case that happens.  I would love to see GG on Hansen, even though I'm perfectly happy with Ramon, if he's well, and chooses Hansen.
Derby132

3/21/12

Good news....

David Grening þ @DRFGrening

Dominguez said doctors told him he may only have to miss this week. May return on the 31st. A virtual certainty he'll make the Wood

http://twitter.com/#!/DRFDerby   

SmittyCat3

3/21/12

excellent news, thanks for posting!
SmittyCat3

3/21/12

I think Ramon is a good fit for Hansen and they seem to have established a good communication in this last race. GG is more of a come from behind and get aggressive in the stretch run, which isn't Hansen's running style. I know Alpha went nuts in the gate at BC - maybe they think he has nightMAREs of GG - ?

PS I saw Hotep worked the other day - just a slow one, but let me know if you see him !
SmittyCat3

3/21/12

thanks for the update, much better news than first reports...hope the horses doing well too..
LindaVA3

3/21/12

Well that's good news!
Donna6087

3/22/12

I just read that Ramon's 'sabatical' should be a short one, and he should be back for the Wood.  I agree about the rapport he has with Hansen.  I really hope GG gets a good one to ride in the Derby.

I've been watching all my Woodbine favorites working and getting very excited about the upcoming meet.  I'll definitely keep an eye out for Hotep :)