MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jockey's and Trainer's Thread   Horse Racing

Started 3/9/12 by SmittyCat3; 438968 views.
SmittyCat3

3/22/12

Thanks so much for this! I just got back from Canada and saw he'd taken 2nd and 3rd today./.. So relieved....but didn't see this article, so thank you very much for posting it.

Race day america did an interview with him  pre-race... http://www.hrtv.com/videos/garrett-gomez-on-race-day-america/?VideoCategoryId=2

.and there's a preview of a documentary being made on his journey from the day he broke his heel to kentucky derby day

Not to mention his book is coming out this next month

He's been a busy guy!

LindaVA3

3/22/12

Oh no doubt, that tiny girl has nerves of steel!
gerchgo

3/23/12

Paco Lopez is released from the hospital after the spill at Gulfstream...he had broken ribs as well as his collarbone...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68296/paco-lopez-released-from-hospital

SmittyCat3

3/23/12

I haven't seen it posted so thanks...! A busy week for Gomez, glad to hear he placed and showed yesterday. Hope the pain's going away. Pain can throw your whole body off and make you re-injure yourself - esp if you're klutz like me!
SmittyCat3

3/23/12

.....does she even have one?
SmittyCat3

3/23/12

That was a very interesting article that included Angel Cordero, Laffit Pincay, Randy Romero, and Ron Turcotte.

I didn't know all that about Robbie Davis, that was so sad....  Best of luck to his daughter Jackie, HRTV did an inside information on her several years back.

Thanks for posting - great read.
KYsally (kwsally)

3/23/12

Well I read on FB - so don't know how true - that she was engaged to her trainer who was also Mike's trainer.  It could be the same guy - maybe he trains when he isn't acting??

XXOO
SmittyCat3

3/23/12

possibly - that would certainly be interesting!