MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racing News in Australia   Horse Racing

Started 4/12/12 by Amy (1pony); 79631 views.
Derby132

10/13/18

I wish I had stayed up to watch this -

BENBATL WINS THE G1 CAULFIELD STAKES! It's a thrilling finish as gets the international raider up by a neck from on Blair House! A fantastic performance first up - can he beat WINX?
gerchgo

10/13/18

I recorded it last night, was on FS2. I’ll watch after I take Booker for a walk.

cigarello

10/19/18

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/australian-racing-executive-amanda-elliott-what-is-the-u-s-missing-on-medication-policy/

Discussion of how Australia views the use of race day medication in the United States. I couldn't access another thread to post this somewhere else.  I totally agree with Ms. Elliott that no other country allows their athletes to take drugs before an athletic event, why do we continue our equine athletes to get drugs that we know over time harms them and hurts the breed as well.

lindawilbe

10/19/18

Great article, I always wondered that as well. No wonder the US horses are not as sound as they used to be..

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

10/19/18

Do you know if Canada allows race day medication? 

lindawilbe

10/23/18

That's a good question and I wonder if there is a way to find out. Perhaps a "race card" schedule at Woodbine? I know our "race cards" always show (L) next to the participating horses.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

lindawilbe

10/23/18

I checked. Woodbine uses Lasix.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

10/23/18

thanks. well i guess they do allow meds.

lindawilbe

10/24/18

I check in my Virtual Stable "Equibase" and it the same for Canada as the US. I wish they would not have same day medication...but that's the nature of the sport in North America...I guess.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

Derby132

12/14/18

Racehorses and dolphins -

Hayfields Racing had a run in with some DOLPHINS whilst taking their horses out to the beach.

https://www.facebook.com/racingdotcom/videos/763881413946745/UzpfSTE1MTg5ODExMjUwMDIwNjQ6MjMyNDI5Mjg0NzgwNDIxNw/