MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

+ Horse Racing - The Positive +    Horse Racing

Started 6/4/12 by Derby132; 113916 views.
In reply toRe: msg 103

Along with this, just yesterday they released a database of retired NY runners they are searching for. See the link to the list and more info here: https://www.gaming.ny.gov/horseracing/

Click on the "Responsible Aftercare" tab on the left. I forwarded this link to an acquaintance here in Maine who I know has several OTTB's and she found one of her horses on the list and will contact them. It's all about accountability now.

Derby132

1/24/17

That's odd.  I noticed four names right off the bat that I know of and where they are at but so do many others as it's news that has been published over the years through DRF, Bloodhorse, and other outlets.

Derby132

2/3/17

I know right where this is!  Was very glad to see this.  Thoroughbred aftercare is here, folks.  Progress.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/25/17

Derby132

2/25/17

Interesting.  Not sure I agree with all Bramlage believes about Lasix but he sees the writing on the wall.

gerchgo

2/25/17

Well, I don't put too much into his thoughts or statements as he seems to say whatever the powers that be, and now supposedly the public, want to hear. He has gone back and forth on different subjects for awhile. Personally I think he should just stick to surgeries and let someone else do the talking ?

gerchgo

3/2/17

Sam Houston will be showing TB's that are in search of a new career. Great place for trainers of every discipline to buy future prospects;

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/220173/roses-to-ribbons-horse-fair-to-be-held-at-sam-houston

Derby132

3/2/17

Good job Sam Houston!