MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

European Racing   Horse Racing

Started 7/21/12 by KentuckyTB; 287658 views.
SmittyCat3

9/15/12

I apologize if I"m not understanding you - we're talking post position, right? Encke was in pp1, Camelot in 7 - or do you mean something else when you say "one hole"

LyndaP31

9/15/12

Well, it was an exciting race anyway. I was really hoping he could do it. boy I thought was had it bad with a 35 year drought. they have a 43 year drought. Yikes!
Derby132

9/15/12

Some commenting that Camelot not up to his ususal par in today's race, I don't know.  He had a shot at Encke but Encke really got a good break on him and then just kept on with it.  I really can't take anything away from Encke's performance.  Huge kick got him clear.
Derby132

9/15/12

I thought it was a really exciting race also.  I felt bad for the TC loss but thrilled to see a colt like Encke step up too.
SmittyCat3

9/15/12

Oh well - lots of chatter going on - Gary Stevens saying it was the pace, not the jockey or the position. Aiden saying he should have sent out a rabbit.

If all that's true, I'd agree with people saying the TC should go to a more worthy horse.

trooper2037

9/15/12

Well, I still believe it was a bad ride.  I've seen enough racing both on the flat and over jumps to know when a jock makes a bad decision or decisions.   Perhaps young Joseph was overconfidant but he definitely gave the horse too much to do.  To be honest I think that Camelot was so confused by the ride he got that he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do when he finally got clear.  He closed a lot of ground when he finally did kick in.    To be honest I didn't think he would get that close to the winner.  

While I do like Gary S.   sometimes he protects the jocks rep too much.   

Derby132

9/16/12

Orfevre stakes Arc claim    (Replay call in Japanese)  http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gjIjdkcBX5qlVF2y4PbFCDFZ1-3g?docId=N0202561347800629466A

Soumillon said: "In two strides I got exactly what you need from an Arc de Triomphe horse. Hopefully he can improve a bit as he needs to improve to win an Arc, but the trainer has done a perfect job so far."

GreybirdK

9/16/12

Godolphin is having one great year.  More distance and a grueling summer campaign contributed to Camelot's defeat, I think, but the winner had so much acceleration left in the stretch.