MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

European Racing   Horse Racing

Started 7/21/12 by KentuckyTB; 240131 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/1/12

Yes just incredible!!

Msg 59965.36 deleted
gerchgo

8/1/12

I'm at a loss for words, he is just a machine out there! I can't imagine any of our turf horses being able to run an uphill incline at the end of a race, no wonder all the european turf horses win when they come here!
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/1/12

HE is unreal!! His next race is 21 days from now and he steps up to 1 1/4 miles, this will be a tough race for him but I think he is up for it!!
In reply toRe: msg 38
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/1/12

Aidan O'Brien talking about some of his top horses

KentuckyTB

8/1/12

Thank you for the replay!  I looked for it all day!  Frankel is just amazing, so fluid.  I wonder, has he ever even been hit with the whip in a race?  Just such an incredible horse, I love watching him - he just makes it look so easy.  I am really looking forward to his step up to 1 1/4
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/1/12

I think he has been hit a few times, but not that often. I do love his turn of foot, he is just amazing. If all goes well he will be running his first mile  and a half in 21 days. I do think he will be able to handle it with no problem, he is so mature now and waits behind other horses until his jockey says go!!
KentuckyTB

8/1/12

He really is just a great racehorse to watch.  I do love how patient he is and is willing to sit back and wait.
In reply toRe: msg 42
Derby132

8/7/12

Cirrus Des Aigles ruled out of International

YORK'S attempts to guarantee some meaningful opposition to Frankel in the Juddmonte International Stakes suffered a major blow on Tuesday night, when Corine Barande-Barbe admitted defeat in her race to get Cirrus Des Aigles fit for the contest on August 22.

RELATED LINKS

"I've talked to the owners and it's just not going to be possible," she confirmed from Chantilly on Tuesday.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/york-ebor-cirrus-des-aigles-ruled-out-of-international/1089034/top/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Amy (1pony)

8/8/12

And the field starts to get smaller

Nathaniel 'more likely' to run in Ireland than take on Frankel at York

• John Gosden plans to monitor weather before targets
• Dancing Rain might try International if field is small

Hopes that Frankel might face a worthy opponent in his next race began to fade last night as it emerged that Nathaniel may very well miss York's Juddmonte International in favour of another target in September. The news comes a day after Cirrus Des Aigles was ruled out of the International, having taken too long to recover from an ankle injury.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/08/nathaniel-likely-ireland-frankel-york?CMP=twt_gu