MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeding News   Horse Racing

Started 11/24/12 by Derby132; 494051 views.
Flurry84

1/26/21

the previous Candy Ride filly who must be very nice,  was mentioned, so I wonder if that was the reason for a repeat breeding.  Or of they just hoped to get a sire who she was able to carry to term.  Many on her site are  wanting her not to be bred any more, forgetting that she has had several colts and fillies who have made it to adulthood or at least a year so far.  I still think of Z Princess who was said to be so very nice.  She has had such a mixed breeding career.

such sad new about this foal.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/26/21

The article says earlier in the month, so they waited to make sure Z was ok. I think they liked the 2020 Candy Ride filly a lot, plus it looks like they are trying to find studs that stand at Lanes End.

My heart breaks for Z and her connections, she doesn’t have good luck with her pregnancies for sure. 

Flurry84

1/26/21

Thank you for your words of wisdom on Zenyatta.    Your comments are interesting about Lane's End studs.  Do you know if Candy Ride sires some smaller ones;  thought I had read that somewhere once.  So, I wondered if that was part of the decision to choose CR for the 2020 foal.  Am grateful for Zilkha and Zellda.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/26/21

Love these breedings 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/26/21

gerchgo

1/26/21

These I think, will be the last matings set up by the late Prince? Good luck to Juddmonte in the coming years.

gerchgo

2/2/21

RACHEL'S VALENTINA will visit INTO MISCHIEF in 2021! She delivered a lovely filly by Curlin in 2020, has a two-year-old filly by Pioneerof the Nile, and her first foal, Alejandro, is steadily working towards his next start! #horseracing #Thoroughbred

https://mobile.twitter.com/stonestreetfarm

cigarello

2/2/21

That is awesome news!!!!

gerchgo

2/2/21

I’ve been waiting to see whom they would choose next for her. I think a couple of their other mares have already been bred to him, looking forward to the Into Mischief foal’s racing!