MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lentenor to Stand At IN Stallion Station   Barbaro and Family

Started 11/29/12 by Greg J. (Wookster8); 279703 views.
Flurry84

8/3/18

New addition:  Lengo Bay  (Lentenor x Last Tyche by Sligo Bay).  3 yr gelding who has not run yet.  First race is Wed., August 8 at IND Grand.  4th race, MSW.

Safe trip to all runners and here's hoping he does well.

gerchgo

8/3/18

Thanks! It just goes to show how special Barbaro was, to run in his 2yr Old year, while his brothers’ offspring start later- I guess the Dynaformer in them?

Flurry84

8/3/18

Yes, I agree with you.  He was atypical of the Dynaformers in his development. 

Today on the NYRA/Saratoga broadcast or the TVG one  (think it was NYRA), commentators were speaking of Run Happy.  They mentioned that Edgar Prado said that in his years of riding,  only Run Happy and Barbaro did not seem to tire in their races and came out of them with plenty to spare.  (I am paraphrasing.  Think they were speaking of just sprints for Run Happy.)

So nice to hear people speak of Barbaro .  May his incredible races continue to be remembered by many.

cigarello

8/8/18

I heard that too and it warmed my heart---i love when Barbaro is remembered as the great horse he was

Flurry84

8/8/18

Steve Haskin mentioned him among a few other horses in one of his recent articles, but I don't recall which article.  He has written several just lately.  Always love hearing or reading his name.

gerchgo

8/18/18

First race- Go baby boy!!

Lengo Bay is entered on August 22, 2018 at INDIANA GRAND RACE COURSE.

Your comments for this horse were:Lentenor
Full Entries for Race

Race: 6 - 4:25 PM        Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / 50 Cent Trifecta / Superfecta 10 Cent Superfecta / 50 Cent Pick 3 (Races 6-7-8)
MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT 
Purse: $ 33,000. (Includes $24,000 - ITDF - Indiana TB Development Fund)For Registered Indiana Breds Maidens, Three, Four, And Five Years Old. Three Year Olds, 118 Lbs.; Older, 122 Lbs. Five And One Half Furlongs.
PP Horse A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer
9 Lengo Bay 3/G M Ronald Hisby 115 Steve Hunter
Flurry84

8/18/18

Can't wait to see this one.  Did you happen to see Angelina's Star at Laurel yesterday?  I thought she might finish first, but another filly caught her, so she was a good second.  Chart said  "Gave way grudgingly."

Here's what I'm watching of Lentenor/Nicanor kids coming up:  Today at Laurel is Lngtermrelationshp,  (Nicki de Nephew was scratched),  Indiana Grand is Rollin Smoke.

August 22 at Indiana Grand is Uphold, along with Lengo Bay.

Lots to follow these days!  Safe trips and hopefully some good results to come.

gerchgo

8/18/18

I didn’t even have her in my vs- darn! She is now.:

I’ll be at show jumping by me for part of the day today, but will be recording!

gerchgo

8/22/18

This was a good race and a great fight to the finish line!

Uphold finished 1st by a head, on August 22, 2018, at INDIANA GRAND RACE COURSE in Race 3. 
Off odds: 2.30

Your comments for this horse were:Lentenor