MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 17405 views.
Lina_TX

Nov-13

Did you see where Mo'ne Davis is entered for a tag next weekend?

Flurry84

Nov-14

Yes, for $25,000.  Would have thought they would choose to breed her if they were through with running her after so few starts.  This is an allowance optional claiming race, but she is up for the claim.  Prayers being sent up for her future.

Perhaps she will be scratched.  This is a turf race and so often they are.

• Edited November 14, 2017 1:52 am  by  Flurry84
Lina_TX

Nov-14

Mo'ne Davis is listed as MTO, so she only runs if the race gets moved off the turf.

I do wonder whether they meant for her to run for a tag, or it it was a mistake.

Flurry84

Nov-14

Hi, Lina, I went back through my reminders and read the info about Mo'ne again, seeing the MTO notation this time.  That helps some.  I really hope the tag is a mistake.  I would never want to think the Jacksons would put any of La Ville's get in jeopardy of a bad situation.

gerchgo

Nov-16

She’s not listed for a tag this week

Race: 8 - 4:00 PM        EXACTA, TRIFECTA & DAILY DOUBLE (RACES 8-9) / 10 cent SUPERFECTA $1.00 SUPER HIGH 5
ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING  $25,000 - $20,000
Purse: $ 45,000. (plus Up To 30% Mbf) For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Waiver Claiming, State Sired Races Or State Bred Races Or Claiming Price $25,000-$20,000. Three Year Olds, 122 Lbs.; Older, 124 lbs. Non-winners Of A Race Since September 18 Allowed 2 lbs. A Race Since August 18Allowed 4 lbs. Claiming Price $25,000, For Each $2,500 To $20,000 2 lbs. (Races Where Entered For $18,500 Or Less Not Considered In Allowances) (Winners Preferred). (If deemed inadvisable by management to run this race on the Turf course, it will be run on the main track at Five and One half Furlongs). Five And One Half Furlongs. (Turf)
PP Horse A/S Med Claim $ Jockey Wgt Trainer
3 Mo'ne Davis 4/F L $ 0 Daniel Centeno 120
Flurry84

Nov-16

What a relief.  Amazing what someone's mistake can generate;  hope whoever did this realizes the ramifications!  (just a bit of a spoof, but it isn't good to make such errors).  Thanks for letting us know the correction.

gerchgo

Nov-16

I don’t think she’s ever going to be put in for a claim, I think her pedigree and her dam would have them retire her to the breeding shed before that happened, or a new career.

Flurry84

Nov-16

I would have bet on it until I saw the listing for myself!  Never thought any horses were more protected than La Ville's progeny.  Surely they are!

gerchgo

Nov-16

You know, they do run claimed, and claim horses in those races, but I think she’s protected because of who she is.

Lina_TX

Nov-16

Glad to see that the situation is resolved and she's no longer listed with a tag.