MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 154904 views.
Flurry84

1/29/21

Ran Char ended up 7th at Laurel today.  Was really hoping for a win on January 29.  Chart notes indicate she bled.  She was running in front for awhile dropped back to around 4th and finished up with 7th.  

La Cara Bonita  (by Point of Entry)   just won a $20,000 claimer at Gulfstream.  Point of Entry is by Dynaformer and I am always grateful when any of his sons have winners.

Will be hoping for Journey to the Moon  (by Tourist)  at Laurel in the 8th.  Tourist is by Tiznow who is tail male to Man o'War.  We need to hope some of these lines survive for the welfare of TB's in this country!

gerchgo

1/29/21

TVG was talking about Ran Char before the race, that going a one turn mile may be good for her. Maybe the longer race was too much for her?

She was claimed in the race but I think that might be voided due to her bleeding?

Catonsville finished last(?) after breaking badly at the start and being rushed to the front.

• Edited January 29, 2021 9:12 pm  by  gerchgo
Flurry84

1/29/21

Claimed by old trainer, Frock, and original owners.  I always thought they ran her too frequently, but maybe she would prefer to be back with them?  I hope things work out the best way possible for her.

cigarello

1/29/21

Thanks for the update: i missed watching the races today!! sorry to hear Ran Char bled

Flurry84

2/3/21

Malibu Splash just won very nicely at Charlestown in an allowance for fillies and mares.  Jockey used her a bit from the 9 post to get a good spot close up and she was running in second.  Up for the first spot!

gerchgo

2/3/21

Well, Kandy Charge finished 5th on Feb 1, April’s No Fool was scratched after refusing to load( which was strange as the #1 horse didn’t either and took more time than they gave April ??) but Malibu Splash charged right to the front in her race and won! 

Flurry84

2/3/21

Too bad about April's No Fool but Malibu Splash really looked good tonight!

gerchgo

2/3/21

I was smiling as she raced to the front like her daddy used to ( but they never let him stay there, always tried to rate him).

Flurry84

2/3/21

You mentioned the attempts to rate Nicanor so long ago and I suppose that was the strategy of Kandy Charge's jockey two days ago.  He absolutely stood up for a long while in the saddle before he made any attempts to do more.  A dismal performance, lost by 30 lengths.  Never could have made up that many lengths under best of circumstances unless it was a reincarnation of Zenyatta.

cigarello

2/4/21

Thanks for the info: it is great when Nic-Len's babies do well!