MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 154721 views.
gerchgo

2/6/21

I think he finished 4th?  He used up a lot of gas gunning for the rail, but thought he did good to finish where he did. I did notice his neck was lathered mid stretch, so he was a bit worked up.

Cacahuete finished 5th today, looked disinterested in running until top of stretch, and Seany P won his race after the actual winner was DQ’d to 4th.

cigarello

2/6/21

Thanks for the update---------

Flurry84

2/6/21

Have not received my results info yet, so this is good to learn.  Thank you!

Flurry84

2/27/21

The worst possible news. Nicaloe was injured during his race at Charlestown tonight and was put down on the track.  I am so sorry to report such a sad event to everyone, but his loss should be noted here of all places.  Equibase stated that he suffered a fatal injury mid-stretch.

Nicaloe was bred by Shamrock Farm in Maryland and was owned throughout his racing career by Chad Johnson  (as far as I can determine).  Born in 2016, he was by Nicanor x Bindloe  (Afternoon Deelites).

My sympathy to all those who loved him.  Rest in Peace, Nicaloe.

cigarello

2/28/21

Oh no-- so heartbreaking- --  Condolences to all who loved and cared for him- Rest In Peace

beautiful boy

gerchgo

2/28/21

RIP Nicaloe, my condolences to his connections.

So sad, we had 2 kids finish 3rd yesterday, but we ended the day with a loss. :(

Flurry84

3/10/21

Happy Birthday to Margano today!  Almost missed it.  Hope he is doing well in retirement.

There is a Lentenor gelding running in the Essex Stakes at Oaklawn on March 13.  Uphold, a six year old.

And in case I forget I should mention that Nicanor has a birthday on March 15!

cigarello

3/11/21

Thanks for the info re: Margano birthday- and Nic's birthday coming up soon!!!!! Happy Birthday to these 

beautiful boys!!!!!!

Thanks also for the info on upcoming races:

Flurry84

3/11/21

You are welcome.  Two kids are entered at Laurel on Sunday, but with Laurel cancellations I don't know what the plan is for racing there at the moment.

Flurry84

3/15/21

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the beautiful  Lentenor!  May you always be loved and well.