MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 158593 views.
Flurry84

1/13/17

Didn't realize Nicamore is a chestnut.  Big, beautiful chestnut with a full blaze.  And a great second today.  Saw the race online at work.  So happy for him;  he looked good.

gerchgo

1/13/17

He ran a good race! He kept trying right to the end! I was very impressed with the maturity he showed, I wonder if turf is next?

Flurry84

1/13/17

Hard to think of these kids in claiming races;  hope they all have good owners and trainers.

gerchgo

1/15/17

Small Rebellion (3-Year-Old Filly)

Your comments for this horse were:  Nicanor

Date: January 15, 2017
Track: TAMPA BAY DOWNS
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 50:00 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Flurry84

1/15/17

Thank you for Small Rebellion info;  had received it a little while ago. 

fyi:  Futile, Lael's Broken Vow x Stormy Kiss gelding runs at Tampa Bay at 2:55, Race 6.  Hope he does well.

Besides Cousin Tino running tomorrow, a Lael-bred runs at Laurel in the 9th race in a Maiden Claimer.  Name is It's Nothing and goes back to Secy and Dr. Fager.

Hope we have some winners, esp. Cousin Tino tomorrow.

gerchgo

1/16/17

He finished last, was just off the pace but then started to lose position, he wasn't in picture when they finished, chart said he was pulled up and walked off. Maybe jock heard noise, roaring or different breathing?

Flurry84

1/16/17

Saw the race and he was slowing and moving to middle of track and then out of picture.  Did not see him go thru wire, so was concerned.  Had to leave for dr. appt immediately and just got back and read the chart.  I hope he is safe;  prayers being sent up for Cousin Tino.  If you use your skills and sources to learn anything more about him, please let us know.

LindaVA3

1/20/17

Saw your question about FB discussions on Nicanor's offspring.  Shamrock Farm, where he is at stud, has a FB page but we are generally just discussing the races on each other's FB pages.  Sally Spencer does a pretty good job posting on her page whenever one of the brothers (Nicanor and Lentenor) has an offspring racing and then we go from there!

Flurry84

1/20/17

Thank you Linda, for the info.  I do read Shamrock fb posts as they come across, but am not an active participant in fb.  Rarely post any responses to what I read;  perhaps as many to Steve Haskin as anyone.

Am hoping that some of these youngsters do become runners before long.  It is difficult not knowing anything about the owners or trainers of most of them.  I hope they are all good people.

gerchgo

1/25/17

Nicamore is entered to run on January 28, 2017, at LAUREL PARK.

Full Entries for Race Overnight 

Race: 10 - 4:54 PM         

MAIDEN CLAIMING  $10,000 - $8,000

Purse: $ 18,000. (plus Up To 30% Mbf) For Maidens, Three Years Old. Weight, 122 Lbs. Claiming Price $10,000, For Each $1,000 To $8,000 2 Lbs. Six Furlongs.

PP Horse A/S Med Claim $ Jockey Wgt

Trainer

Hugh I McMahon

6 Nicamore 3/G $ 10,000 Jevian Toledo 122

H

• Edited January 25, 2017 8:42 pm  by  gerchgo