MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arrogate   Horse Racing

Started 11/6/16 by Derby132; 14328 views.
gerchgo

Nov-10

Well, despite his losing effert in the BC, Arrogate remains as top racehorse in the world......

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/arrogate-still-on-top-in-longines-worlds-best-racehorse-rankings/

cigarello

Nov-10

i believe his continuing to remain top horse in the world is because of his DWC remarkable win. I believe the Longines rating is based on one race (where a number is assigned), rather than to a 

body of work.  That race was remarkable.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Nov-10

Longines rankings are all based on speed numbers and between the Travers and DWC he posted some top numbers.

gerchgo

Nov-12

Haskin on how we need to think of Arrogate now that his racing career is over. I personally think he lost interest in racing, that he didn’t have anything to prove anymore much like Rachel did in her 4 yr old year. I believe when they push themselves mentally and physically they no longer have the total fight to win a race. As to his good gallop out in the Classic this year, I think he just wanted those horses to know if he wanted to he could still kick their butt! Enjoy your new career, may it be long and successful!

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2017/11/11/the-unsolved-mystery-of-arrogate.aspx?utm_source=Sunday+Racing+Headline&utm_campaign=11%2F12+Google+Analytics&utm_medium=email

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Nov-12

Thanks For posting is his Ger, I love Haskins take on the his and I cannot wait to see his babies on the track. I think you are correct he is a lot like Rachel and he gave us thrills like we had not seen before. He retires sound and will be remembered by me as one of the greats.

Derby132

Nov-14

I liked the Haskin article.   There were some observations/thoughts that Arrogate looked sore in the behind this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if a physical issue played into his being a different horse as well as the DWC toll, etc.  It is a mystery but one thing is sure - he was a great horse.  And a physically impressive horse.  Take your breath away kind of horse.  His Travers will never be repeated.  

gerchgo

Nov-14

Nor will his Dubai........:)

cigarello

Nov-14

it will always remain a mystery about what happened with Arrogate, but I totally agree that his Travers will never be repeated and his Dubai was

breathtaking as well. He certainly did amazing things on the track.

Lina_TX

Nov-14

Derby132 said...

I wouldn't be surprised if a physical issue played into his being a different horse as well as the DWC toll, etc.

He used to race, to my eyes, like a self-contained bundle of limitless energy.  Now, he carries his head lower, and I see determination more than limitless energy.  Like you, I am wondering if this could stem from some kind of physical issue.

gerchgo

Nov-14

I can see the unknown injury issue, much like Songbird’s performances this year.