Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CLICK & SIGN FOR OUR WILD HORSES   General: Horse-related

Started Jul-3 by NWFLAFOB; 3971 views.
sandins

Nov-25

I am still working for them and hate Zinke,whose power to destroy and decimate may come to be after all these years,,,,,,,Pls call elected officials, esp The right wing, who are for slaughter,,,,Dems are supportive of life,,,,,,cry

NWFLAFOB

Nov-26

Thank you for continuing to fight on their behalf.  But, please, don't label all on the Right - which is where I and many others sit - with the same brush as Zinke!!  scream?  There's a lot in any political statement that the other side can rip apart.  To me there are animal advocates on my side and those who don't "get it" on the other -their age, sex, color, political affiliation, etc. fade to the background.   

sandins

Nov-26

In my experience with watching the votes,,maybe 3 or 4 Rep voted to save and that was before the last vote,as tally fr that have not seen,so I should not say that,but it is general.,so pardon my  error. I was on that side,too,but now independant,,,,,,,if the Left will fight for horses and burros, I am there. I have little respect for those in power today,,,,,,,,,,,most included,esp cabinet appts,except for Tillerson and Kelly(tho is this cab appt?)

And doubt that they have the same "values" as Zinke,as who could be so evil? Have watched him all year and find nothing redeeming about him at all!

And wish that you would name those Rep who protect animals.........if not public,,,,,,,,pls use my email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sandins1@aol.com,,,,,,,,,,blush

• Edited November 26, 2017 11:19 am  by  sandins
NWFLAFOB

Nov-26

I absolutely loathe Zinke and believe he is the perfect storm of B.S. - prior Navy Seal (military service - check), proudly wears all the cowboy regalia and hails from Montana (cowboy experience - check), rides a horse to work (dramatic flair - check).   He personifies all that is wrong with politicians.  Everything to give him credibility to the city slickers in Washington who have bought his crap hook, line, and sinker.  In reading comments by Senators and others, it's obvious they have accepted what he's said as Gospel because they repeat it almost verbatim.  I keep hoping the kerfluffle about his private plane usage and how disliked he is among DOI employees will draw a negative light to him and help get him removed.

I've tried to keep track as info comes available for our allies.  My response from my own Senator, Rubio, leads me to believe he is an ally for our wild horses.  Susan Collins, Lindsay Graham  are as well.  There are 16 republicans on Senate Appropriations Committee.  Of those 16, that's three I know of with 90% certainty are anti-slaughter which leaves the balance, assuming the 15 democrats voted pro-wild horse/anti-slaughter, as 18 to 13 in favor of equine protections.  That's not an overwhelming majority on our side, I admit.  As for House of Representatives, I know Representative Peter King (NOT Steve who is also a republican but no friend to animals) is on our side.  I know there are others but have not tracked them.  I realize my numbers of republicans are outnumbered by democrats and also acknowledge I don't have a complete accounting of how each one votes.   If anyone can access or point me in the right direction, I'd love to have the vote tally on protections for the wild ones just voted on by the Appropriations Committee.  I go back to my firm belief that if this issue was truly one of major significance to the democrats under prior leadership, we wouldn't be fighting the battle now nor would we have had to keep such a close eye on Salazar and Jewell!

sandins

Nov-26

Appreciate your response and know that Sonny Perdue,Sec AG(no vote) also favors Zinke values.

And really don't think that we kept close eye on Salazar and Jewel,tho WE did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not the Pres,as not his interest,,,,,,,,or we would have had the fight earlier. I hated Salazar as he was closer to Zinke's aspirations than Jewel or maybe it was the timing. 

And,tho I feel that Collins, Graham are sympathetic to our cause, have they actually voted? Think That Murkowski is with us,too,as chmn of the committee,but don't know how she voted,either. Know that she was threatened by Zinke for her vote earlier on ? was it Health care? My one Sen, Johnson ,has not commited to us ,neither has my Rep,(both Repub),,,,,,,,but my other Dem Sen, Baldwin, is co-sponser for SAFE Act for horses.

Have seen little action on this forum for the horses and that is disappointing!

NWFLAFOB

Nov-26

When I began "channeling" the calls to action advice from those more knowledgeable about this struggle to anyone who was interested, I posted here at ABR.  After awhile when there was no seeming interest or response, I discontinued.  I did TONS of research and compilation for as clear and concise narratives as I could put together and I felt as though no one here at ABR was even reading much less participating.  I post on face book and via email to our FOB email group.    Going forward, would you like for me to add you to that list?  I can make you a blind copy recipient so your email address doesn't get into the list folks use just to chat - there are a few others who prefer not to be mixed in with yet another email group!   Although, sad to say, the chatting has diminished among even that group of FOBs.  I think most folks are dealing with one another on face book or maybe twitter which is foreign to me!

Graham actually co-sponsored, along with Udall, the latest pro-horse effort in the Senate.   I actually think Murkowski is more bloodthirsty when it comes to wildlife issues.  Zinke did "threaten" her when she waivered on the healthcare issue.  If memory serves, he was threatening to withhold DOI monies for tourism related potential.  

sandins

Nov-26

good news about Graham and knew about Udall,but ?Murkowski? she must follow her former Gov's lead then,,,,,,,yuck

Pls add me to you r list without showing my mail,as I get too much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kinda like the robo calls on my landline.

I do get info fr FB,too,but also wherever I can,,,,,,,,

https://rtfitchauthor.com/2017/11/25/ryan-dinky-zinkes-horse-hating-roots-run-deep-and-far/

I knew about his attempts to have a Montana slaughterhouse before his appt to Interior

• Edited November 26, 2017 6:30 pm  by  sandins
NWFLAFOB

Nov-26

Yeah I became aware of Zinke's nefarious actions in Montana when I started studying him.   His method of dealing with these "problems" is to simply kill them all.  What I like to point out when contacting the Senators and others, it's taken decades - not just the last eight or even the last sixteen - but decades of government mismanagement to arrive where we find ourselves today.  Our horses should not be required to pay for their lives because of all those butts in seats politicians and "experts" screw ups.   As an American voter and taxpayer, we demand solutions NOT slaughter.  

I'll be happy to blind copy you on info going forward!

sandins

Nov-26

am feeling sometimes that our voices are not heard or ignored,,,,,,,,,,,,,tired of the Fight,but continue,as we must!!

And Yes,,,,,,,,,,,thank you

• Edited November 27, 2017 12:24 am  by  sandins