MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOVEMBER $5 WINNER IS..............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Nov-1 by NWFLAFOB; 1014 views.
LindaVA3

Nov-14

Finally done!

amycapshaw

Nov-30

Oh my gosh, Linda. I am so sorry that I let the month of November almost completely slip by without donating to our November rescue. I just remembered and got my donation in to Operation Kindness on the very last day of the month!

As I used to live in Dallas, I am well aware of Operation Kindness and this is one outstanding shelter. They are very well known for all the wonderful work they do. I'm happy they were chosen. 

How is your husband doing with his PT and recovery? I sure hope he is doing well.

Thanks, Amy

NWFLAFOB

Dec-1

Linda, thank you!!

NWFLAFOB

Dec-1

Amy, thank you!  I love hearing from folks who are personally aware of our rescue recipients.

Mike is doing awesome and not going to formal PT.  He began on his own working on his mobility/range of motion.  When he went in for his post op 6 weeks follow up, the doctor took xrays and watched him move his arm.  He said Mike was about 2 weeks ahead of the 'normal' recuperation schedule. (Mike didn't tell him he's already been out on the tractor in the field, hauling tree trunks, etc.!)   Mike said any discomfort he might occasionally feel is NOTHING compared to the pain he had in that shoulder before surgery.  He did notice last week when we had some really cold (for us) weather here that he imagined feeling the cold in the metal device that's now in that shoulder.  After sleeping in the recliner for several weeks, I convinced him to try sleeping in the bed after I formed a pillow barrier down the middle to prevent him from rolling over onto that shoulder.  That worked really well.  All the little tricks you learn as you go!  All in all, not too bad of an experience.

cigarello

Dec-3

Hi Linda: i am posting on this thread for November because honestly i am frustrated to death trying to find December. i just donated to Open heart rescue for the month of December.

Have a great holiday season and thank you for being so caring for our furry friends. you work so hard to make this happen and i know it isnt easy.

Marilyn

amycapshaw

Dec-3

Wowza! Your husband is doing fantastic! Tell him to keep it up but not overdo. And I know that his great recovery is a big, big relief for you!

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Dec-3

Marilyn, you're not alone.  There are times I think Delphi forum has a mind of its own and all I can do is sit here and cuss at it!  Thanks for donating to Open Heart and a million thanks for being part of our ongoing efforts to keep Barbaro's Legacy alive.  I think with our monthly donations we're helping do that and making a small difference in the lives of animals across the country.   

evergreen_treesantaevergreen_tree    May you have a Blessed Christmas!

NWFLAFOB

Dec-3

It's a definite relief.  We were total novices going into this and I'm so thankful for a great surgeon.  Not only was he skillful but, Mike likes him!  And he actually took time during his visits with Mike and with me post surgery to sit, make eye contact, and talk!  

cigarello

Dec-3

Linda-- I had gone to Facebook and Open Heart helped me figure out how to get PayPal to accept my donation, 

I do have one concern though--they posted the receipt on Facebook and I don't think that is a good thing---what do you think?  --if you agree with me could you please address that with them

Thanks Linda-- glad to hear your husband is doing well

NWFLAFOB

Dec-3

Marilyn, I just went to their page to see how the acknowledgement was worded and couldn't locate anything.   What info are they posting as a receipt?