Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

JOE AND THOROUGHBRED FRIENDS   Horse Rescue Issues

Started Nov-27 by NWFLAFOB; 220 views.
NWFLAFOB

Nov-27

Who doesn't remember Joe at Thoroughbred Friends in California?  I know we used to all eagerly await his latest story detailing the daily adventures as a dedicated horse rescuer.  Lynne Brown used to provide a lot of updates about him and TB Friends.   I just saw a face book post by someone who knows Joe and the work he does.  He is doing well, still rescuing, but not a fan of social media!  Wise man!  Below is her post.  Just felt moved to share because her mention of a dollar from each of their 1900 members reflects our theory behind our monthly $5 donation horse, dog and cat donation efforts.  No one alone feels such a small amount is helpful but when combined with many others' donations....wowza.  It's a huge help to these rescue groups.  And, who doesn't love them some Joe?!

***************************************************************************************

Christmas will be here before we know it. Can we get each our 1900 members to send $1? Maybe even $5? It all adds up.

Joe is still there taking in horses and adopting out. He may not tweet or post a daily blog but he's still doing what he loves. So let's all show him and the ottbs some Christmas love!

Hay Fund through PayPal account is georgiann.hartman@yahoo.com

Or if you prefer to mail a check please mail it to:
Georgie Hartman
19504 County Rd. 95
Woodland, CA 95695.

HopeMom1

Nov-27

My husband and I met him about a year ago. We also went to the ranch and saw the horses. Joe is exactly what you thought he would be - unassuming, decent, hard working, putting the horses first. The horses looked amazing  - all but one in beautiful condition, groomed and in large paddocks. The only one who did not look great had just arrived - his "project horse". It was my incredibly great privilege to meet this man and see what he does. He is among the absolute best (Jeannne Mirabito and Bev Strauss are right up there for me). This is a truly good man - and he has a wife who is also the best

NWFLAFOB

Dec-1

Thank you for that first person experience!  Back in the day, I emailed back and forth with Joe a few times.  His stories were always so down to earth and relatable to everyone who "gets it".  He truly is an amazing guy.