MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arlington Racetrack 2019/2021   Horse Racing

Started 2/13/19 by Amy (1pony); 15496 views.
sandins

Jun-17

not good for Chicago....lived in Arlington Hts at one time 

gerchgo

Jun-17

Well, I’m not sure how they get out of a lease that they have thru 2033? I’m sure a big penalty too pay if they break it?

I would think Arlington Heights would get more money thru race/  gambling then just football?

sandins

Jun-17

don't know the current state of racing at Arlington, but suspect it has decreased, with Covid. and Churchill ownership. Maybe betting is up...........and don't know , either how it could get out of Soldier Field deal,

But football there wouid be worth more than racing as tickets for season holders are great......maybe do both for awhile?  Maybe they have plans for covered dome, as it is wicked on the shore in winter?

A big surprise, for sure...........doubt that the burbs would like the Stadium there, for the traffic , but AH would like the TIF $$,as think more than racing/gambling

• Edited June 17, 2021 6:18 pm  by  sandins
gerchgo

Jun-17

Not enough land to run both, and the season ticket holder $ would go to Bears, not Arlington. Plus the demo of existing buildings, then build new, which of course have to be state of the art?

sandins

Jun-17

doubt that they would demo the spectators  seating as fairly new post fire......maybe surround, but all the back of the track, for sure,as they are old.........but I can tell you that the neighboring towns and even AH would not be able to handle the Bears traffic........better where it is for that,, as used to the flow, like GB. They would have to pay AH for the games, not just the Bears.............and the use of property TIF. What a mess..............wonder what their ideas are?

gerchgo

Jun-17

Heard on news, Bears guy said entertainment center with Bears and could also still do racing, as where entertainment center and have to have barns for horses????

sandins

Jun-17

barns in back stretch now  and many, but also think many not in use now............wonder what their plan is?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jun-18

I hope it stays as a racetrack. I wonder if there is enough land to add a football stadium. Then the Bears can own the property and lease the track to a group to hold the race meeting.