MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arlington Racetrack 2019/2021   Horse Racing

Started 2/13/19 by Amy (1pony); 26073 views.
sandins

6/23/21

sadly, AH has over 326 acres, which was a surprise to me,,,,so more room than current, as I researched after my last post.

However, the location, with parking, etc, makes it a curse to local suburban communities, who will hate the traffic, etc, as it will impact them, not only on FB game days, but with other potential plans, gambling, etc.

The money is there, to do, but I hope it doesn't happen...........the mayor has no say, but to keep the Chicago name for the Bears, is in question.

Guessing that time will tell,as just getting started, as far as the media................more happening, tho.

Current access to Soldiers Field is better,  and with parking, and doesn't impact a suburb, as moving would do.........moving to AH would block and back up traffic for miles, surounding.

My vote doesn't count, tho!               Wondering, too?

Flurry84

7/7/21

If Arlington is as beautiful as they say, I sure do hope its future can be protected.  CD is just so awful --- for shame.

gerchgo

7/7/21

Arlington is beautiful!!!! CDI is shameful in their lack of interest in horse racing itself in Illinois- all they want is the gambling money!

Flurry84

7/7/21

A dear friend lives outside Chicago and I always meant to visit that track and see all her dogs  (one of my breeds is her thing).  Just never made it.  Would have loved to see Hialeah and Hollywood Park, too.

cigarello

7/7/21

I have been to several tracks' but never made it to Arlington  or Belmont---

Sounds like Arlington is a beautiful facility and I hope they can preserve it

Flurry84

7/7/21

Seems like the odds may be against the owners in this battle.  With a number of the smaller tracks closing down thru the yrs. it seems that so few are available to carry the banner.

Msg 64518.96 deleted
sandins

7/9/21

it is quite grand post re-building after the fire......but used for other venues, too...........a long time Huge Antique fair

think when Duchossois left to CDC, it went down hill......old article

https://barringtonhillsobserver.com/2021/03/01/duchossois-99-has-fond-memories-hope-for-whats-next-at-arlington-park/

• Edited July 9, 2021 3:22 pm  by  sandins