MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arlington Racetrack 2019/2021   Horse Racing

Started 2/13/19 by Amy (1pony); 15535 views.
Flurry84

Jul-7

If Arlington is as beautiful as they say, I sure do hope its future can be protected.  CD is just so awful --- for shame.

gerchgo

Jul-7

Arlington is beautiful!!!! CDI is shameful in their lack of interest in horse racing itself in Illinois- all they want is the gambling money!

Flurry84

Jul-7

A dear friend lives outside Chicago and I always meant to visit that track and see all her dogs  (one of my breeds is her thing).  Just never made it.  Would have loved to see Hialeah and Hollywood Park, too.

cigarello

Jul-7

I have been to several tracks' but never made it to Arlington  or Belmont---

Sounds like Arlington is a beautiful facility and I hope they can preserve it

Flurry84

Jul-7

Seems like the odds may be against the owners in this battle.  With a number of the smaller tracks closing down thru the yrs. it seems that so few are available to carry the banner.

Msg 64518.96 deleted
sandins

Jul-9

it is quite grand post re-building after the fire......but used for other venues, too...........a long time Huge Antique fair

think when Duchossois left to CDC, it went down hill......old article

https://barringtonhillsobserver.com/2021/03/01/duchossois-99-has-fond-memories-hope-for-whats-next-at-arlington-park/

• Edited July 9, 2021 3:22 pm  by  sandins
sandins

Jul-28

tried to read the second article when I saw it, but cannot as will not subscribe, but it sounds like the fate is sealed in the hands of someone, but sad for the back-stretch people..........don't know about the Chicago burbs, but this area of Wisc.........south of GB, most restaurants are looking for help. 

Sad for a mighty and  glorious racetrack to go down to whatever level it goes. Thanks  to CD ..........