MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horse Racing Issues WE MUST ACT NOW   Horse Racing

Started 11/14/19 by Amy (1pony); 14476 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/27/21

Honestly I wish they had banned the 6 from racing.

gerchgo

5/27/21

I don’t remember reading, would have to go back to see if they said when they instated that type of test, but I think it would have a different testing protocols with testing hair samples? But if it was never documented that they had been given it, then they should scratch them.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/28/21

A positive step! Trainers banned from entering horses.

gerchgo

5/28/21

Someone else has the guts to do this, besides Churchill and NY- bravo! And in quarter horse racing too!

gerchgo

5/28/21

Gulfstream expands their “ voided claims” by having vets checkout horses after cooling out and can void if a horse bleeds or appears lame/injured

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/250419/new-voided-claim-rule-begins-at-gulfstream-park

cigarello

6/10/21

I am so happy to read this- hoping other states follow suit!!!!!!

sandins

Jun-23

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/06/18/bob-baffert-horse-deaths-drug-violations/?outputType=amp&fbclid=IwAR2kCEmxrN-FAA_5U5O8NKhsVBCW8P93ohOd4AuliyFCVUQNWtiwypmJ8JM

don't blame me for posting but this is tragic

and this ........fr Joy Aten FB entry:

"The racing rags reported Jill and Bob Baffert’s gelding Dr. Dorr (pictured here) was retired merely due to “age catching up to him” (he was 7 - for the non-racehorse, that’s one just coming into his prime). Once at New Vocations, he was diagnosed with “suspensory desmitis” in ALL 4 LEGS and “arthritis” in his left front. " 7yrs and Not a leg to stand on

• Edited June 23, 2021 2:07 pm  by  sandins