MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horse Racing Issues WE MUST ACT NOW   Horse Racing

Started 11/14/19 by Amy (1pony); 11740 views.
cigarello

Jun-10

I am so happy to read this- hoping other states follow suit!!!!!!

sandins

Jun-23

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/06/18/bob-baffert-horse-deaths-drug-violations/?outputType=amp&fbclid=IwAR2kCEmxrN-FAA_5U5O8NKhsVBCW8P93ohOd4AuliyFCVUQNWtiwypmJ8JM

don't blame me for posting but this is tragic

and this ........fr Joy Aten FB entry:

"The racing rags reported Jill and Bob Baffert’s gelding Dr. Dorr (pictured here) was retired merely due to “age catching up to him” (he was 7 - for the non-racehorse, that’s one just coming into his prime). Once at New Vocations, he was diagnosed with “suspensory desmitis” in ALL 4 LEGS and “arthritis” in his left front. " 7yrs and Not a leg to stand on

• Edited June 23, 2021 2:07 pm  by  sandins
gerchgo

Jun-23

What a shame on Dr Dorr. 
im thinking people are starting to put together things on Baffert, waiting to see what the Jovkey Club has on him. Things are not looking good for Mr Baffert……

sandins

Jun-23

yes..........too many horses we knew and so young............tragedy after tragedy........and not just by BB, but think not smalll trainers like M Matz and Fairhill

And I do believe they start too young before their skeletal system is mature......training is one thing but sprints and distance are another. Would post my picture of color and how each area is not mature til about 4-5 and you have probably seen it

Dr Dorr and 7 yrs young...........somebody let this happen