Jun-16

Oh boy this makes me nervous 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jun-18

Fishy to me.

gerchgo

Jul-8

Well, this is interesting. The Stronach Group has been paying for surgeries on horses injured on their tracks……,

https://www.paulickreport.com/horse-care-category/stronach-group-funding-surgeries-on-injured-horses-amid-controversy/

cigarello

Jul-8

That is interesting and I like it- why not give any horse a chance to live after a serious injury. We know that many horses were put down by owners because they either could not afford the veterinary expenses or they didn't feel the horse was worth it.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-10

I am on the fence about this, not sure it’s not a conflict of interest to do this.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-10

But as the article states finding homes for horses that are only pasture sound are not easy and IMHO this is a quick route to slaughter.

gerchgo

Aug-26

SA is being very optimistic about their upcoming meet allowing walk up General Admissions and such. No word on Covid protocols. With the Delta variant causing a huge uptick in cases/hosp/deaths in the state and across the country/world, I hope they have a plan B!

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/252706/walk-up-attendance-returns-for-santa-anita-autumn-meet

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Aug-28

We will have to agree to disagree on this. It’s time for all of us to live our lives. Someone who isn’t vaccinated and is at risk needs to take precautions. The rest of us need to go on with life. Deaths are not rising there are still deaths but they are not on the rise. 
There are thousands of illegals crossing our southern boarder daily many are positive for the Delta variant they can move around the country as they please but the citizens of this great Country are being forced to mask up again and even possible lock downs? I say NO! Santa Anita needs the betting public at their meet so that they can continue to offer the purses they do and help the horsemen with the medical diagnostic equipment.