MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

APRIL $5 WINNER IS.....I AM SOOOOO LATE!!!!!!!   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Apr-21 by NWFLAFOB; 226 views.
NWFLAFOB

Apr-21

Holy mother of pearl - what on earth is wrong with me????   I kept thinking "gee, wonder why none of the Legacy forum folks have responded to this month's rescue?"   Have been busy nursing sick chickens, blah blah blah and just now came here to check on what was happening.  Lo and behold, I never posted April's rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am so sorry.   So, here you go:

This month's non-profit rescue is the North Kingstown-Exeter Animal Protection League.   Their specialty is kitty cat rescue.  If you prefer PayPal or to look over their work, that is available at www.nkeapl.org .   If you prefer sending a check, the address is: NKEAPL, P.O. Box 83, North Kingston, RI  02852-0083.    They know we don't expect individual thanks unless requested.   Please let me know when you've seen and sent.
Here is response from the group's president I rcvd when I notified them of their choice as our April recipient.   In response to her question I told her to just keep rescuing!
"Hello Linda we really appreciate your help, any help we can get means a lot to us and is greatly appreciated, is there anything we can do that would help."

PattyTx1

Apr-21

We forgive you, Linda!!  Will PayPal my donation to this kitty rescue.

NWFLAFOB

Apr-21

Gosh I nearly freaked out when I realized I had NEVER posted the info on 1 April.   That's a heck of

an April Fool's joke!!   Thank you for donating!

hatchery1

Apr-21

No problem, Linda!  I kept checking every few days, and since I didn't see anything about you ending the club, I figured you would get around to posting eventually, and you did! Life happens to get in the way for all of us. Very relieved that you are doing OK.

I made a $25 donation by PayPal to North Kingstown-Exeter Animal Protection League. North Kingstown was my home town for 20 years, until we moved to Florida three years ago, and I haven't been back there. I know what an excellent job this group does with rescuing critters! So happy I can support them through this club. I didn't see anyplace to make a comment, though.

Thank you for all you do, Linda!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

NWFLAFOB

Apr-21

That's so weird!  A very good friend of mine who asked to be included in our monthly donation efforts (I send info to hr and others each month via emails) told me she grew up in North Kingston!   Talk about a small world.

DJoAnn

Apr-26

I knew we'd see something so I kept checking.  Seen and sent!  thank you as always!!!!! jodie

In reply toRe: msg 6
NWFLAFOB

Apr-26

Thanks, Jodie.   I feel awful that I got this month's info out so late and hope everyone else doesn't think our monthly efforts have ended!!!!!!    

cigarello

Apr-26

Hi Linda: Better late than never!!!  Clearly you have lots goin' on!!!

Take care- by the way I was unable to indicate with my donation that I am FOB

Marilyn

NWFLAFOB

Apr-27

Thank you, Marilyn.  It's been a crazy month!

amycapshaw

Apr-29

Hi Linda

No worries about being a bit late! I just sent my donation via PayPal. Thank you for continuing to do this every month. I know it means a lot to all of us who participate.

Hope all is good with you.

Thanks,

Amy