MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MAY $5 WINNER IS.............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started May-1 by NWFLAFOB; 305 views.
NWFLAFOB

May-1

Unlike last month, I'm on time!!  If you missed last month's rescue info because I messed up and posted so late, please consider sending your usual donation to them.  North Kingstown-Exeter Animal Protection League.   Their specialty is kitty cat rescue.  If you prefer PayPal or to look over their work, that is available at www.nkeapl.org .   If you prefer sending a check, the address is: NKEAPL, P.O. Box 83, North Kingston, RI  02852-0083. 
And now for May.  Happy Kentucky Derby day!  Have a favorite?  I'm going with Medina Spirit #8 and the great grandson of Dynaformer. 
Our 501c3 rescue for May is the Trio Animal Foundation.  (For those online you might recognize them as the group that years ago rescued the little dog who was horribly abused, Hazel Grace)  Pay Pal available at their website:  
www.trioanimalfoundation.org   (there are a couple blocks for comments where you can mention FOB donation - I did so in the first box offered to use).   If you prefer snail mail, their address is:  516 North Ogden Avenue, Suite 199, Chicago, IL  60642
Please let me know when you've seen and sent.    And, as always, thanks for being here and bearing with me after last month's screw up!!!!
hatchery1

May-4

Linda, you're on time this month, but we're not!  I forgot to check here until just now!

I made a $15 donation by PayPal to Trio Animal Foundation. Trio's story is very inspiring. His legacy lives on, just like Barbaro's.

Congratulations to Median Spirit!  You were spot on!  I didn't realize he was the great-grandson of our Dynaformer.  He has great genes.

Thanks for all you do, Linda!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

cigarello

May-5

Hi Linda: just paypalled my  donation

Marilyn

DJoAnn

May-7

Wow!  You certainly called the Derby correctly.  I didn't see that win coming.....

I love Trio Animal foundation...been following since the beginning of Hazel Grace's story.  I will send donation!  

I was able to send last month's rescue a little bit ago.

thank you for doing this good work,

jodie

NWFLAFOB

May-8

Tricia, thank you!   I haven't kept up with the up and coming horses.  But, when I follow the Derby, I always check into the #8 horse.  That number combined with Dynaformer genes and the fact the jockey had won 3 previous Derbys which gave him good experience with placement, pacing, etc. I just felt Medina Spirit would win.  Wish I'd bet money on it!!

NWFLAFOB

May-8

Thank you, Marilyn!

In reply toRe: msg 4
NWFLAFOB

May-8

Thanks, Jodie.  And, thanks for covering last month's rescue, too.  

Hazel Grace is a heartbreaking story but she's living the good life now!  It reminds me of the dog recently set on fire by some kid in Mississippi.  These are future mass murderers in training.  Thankful for rescues who take care of these dogs and other animals.  

amycapshaw

May-8

Hey Linda

Just sent my donation to Trio Animal Foundation. I love Hazel Grace! i've followed her and Trio from the beginning of Hazel Grace's story. Awesome rescue!

Thank you for all of your hard work! It is so appreciated!

Amy

PattyTx1

May-9

Hi Linda,

I have seen May's rescue, and I have donated through PayPal.

Happy May!

NWFLAFOB

May-11

Thank you, Amy!   I appreciate your being a part of this each month!