MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pia & Ernie   Horse Rescue Updates

Started May-5 by RT (plainswindr); 243 views.
RT (plainswindr)

May-5

RIP May 4, 2021----Pia Pia... I can see you now with that head tilted and silly grin on your face. I cant even type today, yesterday was worse all day, without crying. Im going to miss you and our odd conversations. Im going to miss your kindness, your compassion after I had the spine surgeries years ago and the crazy meds they had me on where I wasn't myself. I'll miss your encouragement to keep doing what I do here regardless of those who tried to bring me down.
Where do I start? I can remember the first times out here and you were so scared- I had to go out on the side of the house when you were shaking just learning how to work with Ernie and help you walk him, you were frozen in fear. I remember telling you its time to put your big girl panties on and when you did.. girl you took off like a rocket. You took the wee boy that I saved at auction--starved, had a hernia (thats where his name came from as it was Viet-Bert and him--Ernie e a) for $54.36 and made him into the wonderful horse he is today after his rehab here. You did that. I remember how much you wanted to ride him but took your time to develop a relationship only some could dream to have. I remember when Kim our trainer came to Stillwater to help you ride those first few steps. After you moved to CA, you bloomed and then look at you both riding around a lake... Dreams..
You went above and beyond to be the best horse mom anyone could be. I can only dream of people like you adopting horses and spending their lives devoted to them. Im going to miss you so much and I know Ernie will too. Its hard to explain to others even when you aren't in their lives daily how you can be so bonded to someone in heart & spirit.
For those wanting to know Ernie will remain there where he is. Pia has made arrangements for him and his care. Her mother will watch over things and he will be in care of Pia's boyfriend Tim. We all will stay in touch. Ernie then can continue with the children he works with there and be the light he has been for years now in peoples lives.
gerchgo

May-5

Oh no!!!:(. I’m so sorry to read this, my condolences to you, Ernie and her family. RIP sweet Pia. Tears here, can’t imagine how you all are coping, especially Ernie.  Thanks so much for posting.

sandins

May-6

Hi RT.........can you tell us what happened to Pia,as had no  idea she was ill....... and young, I thought? Sad for her loved ones and ERnie, who she was

so proud of. Tears for the awfulness of this news.........broken_heart I'm the one who sent Calendula for ? Tubes of for her skin  ?/ Who now escapes me

Sandy

RT (plainswindr)

May-6

Sandy.

The calendula was for Tullie. She had cancer. She has been battling the last two years. We are all grieving and I will miss her.

RT

sandins

May-6

so sad for her and your loss...........anyone who suffers is brave, as we know.....sweat_dropssleepy

PattyTx1

May-7

Oh golly, Cheri, I'm so sorry.  I hate cancer.  It takes people why too young.

RIP dear one.  So may will miss you - human and animal.