Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cloud   General: Horse-related

Started May-28 by Flurry84; 224 views.
Flurry84

May-28

Tomorrow, May 29, is the birthday of Cloud who left us in 2016  (I think that is the year).  Born in 1995, Cloud brought attention to the plight of wild horses throughout the west.  He runs with the Heavenly Herd now and has left his progeny for us to marvel over.  Amazingly, his dam Phoenix, still lives in the Pryor Mountains.  So grateful that Cloud was able to live out his life wild and free.  Always in our hearts, Cloud.

cigarello

May-29

I did not know Cloud passed away in 2016, though I did know he passed. Thank you for reminding us of the beautiful Cloud!!!-- Yes, he is always in our hearts!!!  - It is nice to know his dam is still with us and living in the mountains

sandins

May-29

Yes.......he is how I learned of the wild Mustangs and he is loved around  the world. I sponser a wild Mustang stallion in Minn, I named Cloud for him.........he is in a sanctuary of wild mustangs, saved by Fleet of Angels, who found homes for the 907 of them rescued about 3 yrs back fr SD...........heart

Flurry84

May-29

How wonderful that you sponsor a Mustang;  thank you for helping these incredible animals who are treasured by so many of us.  I remember that huge rescue effort a few yrs. back.  What a tremendous effort on the part of many people to help so many horses!

sandins

May-29

yes,.............it was a huge process to find homes for all and in Jan,.........I think, with a blizzard at times and 20* below. Chilly Pepper (Palomino) Armstrong helped with sorting in the fields. remember Honey Bandit, the foal she saved? Sure it was here, too. This last group of stallions has 7 blind, or partially and all over 20 yrs.........19 of them ,as one was found deceased a couple of months ago. They are still wild,as it is a sanctuary, so no vets and feeders had no idea he was ill, just found one morning and they are watched closely. 

Flurry84

May-29

Yes I do recall some details, incl. how Honey Bandit's name was inspired.  Such an epic save by dedicated people.  

sandins

May-29

yes.........glad they did save.........and may be wrong, but think all Mustangs

Didn't know it was Cloud's birthday.......thank youheart_eyes            He is still my Hero for all Wild Mustangs in the West and those saved because of his fame....he has a large family now with gr-sons and gr-daughters and Phoenix.........star

Hope that you and any who read this thread will do what you can to save the BLM mustangs fr round-ups and extinction............more round-ups already planned. Jan Schakowski,R Illinois just re-wrote the bill to save these as last one did not get to the floor        HB 3355

Sandy

• Edited May 30, 2021 12:18 am  by  sandins