MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

JUNE $5 WINNER IS.................   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started May-31 by NWFLAFOB; 1320 views.
DJoAnn

Jun-3

sent $10 to PetsInc.   This is one of my favorites.....I think it was one of our firsts.   Thank you for the opportunity every month to do a little bit of good!

jodie

hatchery1

Jun-3

Hello!  I sent my donation to PETSinc. by credit card. It worked just fine.

Thanks for helping us to help PETSinc!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way... 

NWFLAFOB

Jun-4

Thanks, Marilyn!

In reply toRe: msg 3
NWFLAFOB

Jun-4

Thanks, Jodie.   Yes, we've donated to them twice before -  in 2012 and 2018.

NWFLAFOB

Jun-4

Tricia, thank you!

PattyTx1

Jun-6

Thanks Linda.  Will send my donation.  Loved her response to notifying her that her rescue had been chosen.  Keeps us going each month!

NWFLAFOB

Jun-6

Thanks, Patty.   Hearing a rescue describe the small donations in the same way we have in the past - a bunch of smaller offerings amount to a big one when joined with others - helps confirm our thinking.   Every dollar counts!

In reply toRe: msg 9
NWFLAFOB

Jun-16

Mid month reminder.  Little did I know when I said I'd be away from computer the next day, what I'd be doing.  That morning I was concerned about our dog Dexter and got him to the vet after my own medical appointments in Pensacola.  He was okay when I posted about our June rescue, was a little off on Tuesday morning so got him an appointment.  His abdomen was filled with blood and they kept him Tuesday night.  Did more tests on Wednesday, did emergency surgery after hours and discovered his liver covered with nodules.  Had to make decision to let him go while still under for the surgery.   Biopsy revealed cancer.  My brain kind of zoned out at how suddenly it happened.
Anyway, here's reminder about our June recipient.  Please read their kind response when I notified them of our $5 "club".
sandins

Jun-17

broken_heart condolences to you for loss of your Dexter

RIP Dexterstar

NWFLAFOB

Jun-17

Thank you, Sandy.  It came so suddenly, it's been hard to wrap my brain around.  Since posting about it on face book, three others have mentioned losing their beloved dogs to the same thing. Maybe Dexter was lucky in that it did happen so quickly.  He was a special boy and is definitely missed.