MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

AUGUST $5 WINNER IS...............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Aug-1 by NWFLAFOB; 566 views.
NWFLAFOB

Aug-1

Good morning.  Hope it's at least moderately comfortable where each of you lives.  The heat is oppressive here in

northwest Florida.  As it should be in July and August but, Lordy sakes, I'm ready for cooler weather!!

Our August non-profit is Happy Cat Sanctuary.    For those who prefer to donate via credit card/PayPal,that link is available at their website  www.happycatsanctuary.com .  We do have a few folks who prefer sending a check, for them I'll give them this address: Happy Cat, Inc., P.O. Box 688, Coram, NY 11727.    I just donated via the PayPal link and did not have a place to note it was a FOB donation.  If you have same experience and want them to have your name, let me know and I can send them a group email at month's end.

As always, thank you all for continuing with these monthly efforts to help rescues and keep Barbaro's Legacy going!

hatchery1

Aug-2

Hello, Linda. Yes, the heat and humidity have been horrific in South Florida.  We can only be outside early in the morning or at night.  We tried to take a short walk down the street, and the heat bothered my husband so bad he got chest pains. That's summer in Florida!

I donated $25 by PayPal to Happy Cat Sanctuary. What an incredible cat sanctuary! I've never seen anything like this place. And to think that he started it to honor his son who was killed in a motorcycle accident.  That is a beautiful legacy. Hundreds and hundreds of cats saved, and living happy lives, thanks to Happy Cat Sanctuary. Thank you for choosing them!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way... 

cigarello

Aug-3

What an amazing person Chris is-  just a beautiful setting for all those cats!

I just donated using my credit card

Be well

Marilyn

NWFLAFOB

Aug-3

Yikes - hope your husband is okay.  There are times when local news tells folks to go out only in early morning or late in afternoon while, at same time, warning them about disease carrying mosquitoes that are prevalent...in early morning and late in afternoon!!!   Doesn't leave much time to be outside.  I did some push mowing in our small front yard yesterday morning around 0800 til about 1000.  Drenched in sweat.  But, that made having pasta for supper more allowable.  LOL     Since my husband retired from trucking, we nearly get into arguments when I want to do some of the mowing like that.  We also have plenty to mow using the riding mower, too.   That was always the way I got my exercise when he was gone most of the time and I don't wanna go "soft" as I get older!!

Thank you for donating.  I'm not sure who suggested this rescue group but glad they did!

NWFLAFOB

Aug-3

Thanks, Marilyn.  Lucky cats make their way to Happy Cat, for sure!

DJoAnn

Aug-4

Hi there,

I sent $10 to Happy Cats (looks like a wonderful rescue) yesterday, but, like you, I could not designate FOB donation.   If you would add me to the group list, that would be lovely.   And, as always, thank you!!!!!

jodie

In reply toRe: msg 6
NWFLAFOB

Aug-4

Thanks, Jodie.   I'm keeping a list of names and will notify Happy Cats!

PattyTx1

Aug-14

Happy August, Linda.  I just sent $10 by Pay pal to Happy Cat Sanctuary.

Thanks again!

NWFLAFOB

Aug-15

Thanks, Patty.  We're keeping an eye on Fred and then Grace.  The eye I'm keeping on them got blackened yesterday.  I was knocking pears out of the tree (I use a long sturdy length of PVC - pears that are ripe fall easily when the branches are thwacked).  What I thought was a cluster of leaves fell toward me and I realized too late it was a big pear.  Got smacked on top of my cheekbone and today, I have a shiner!   Pears - 1; Linda - 0.    I have gotten enough pears to make two batches of Pearadise Marmalade (cute name!) and a cobbler yesterday.  Plus, I've put in freezer the makings for three pies.  Need to fix at least one more.   Now, I'm picking scuppernongs to hopefully get enough to make jelly.  I'm ready for Fall!!!!!!!

PattyTx1

Aug-16

Wow!  You're a busy lady with all that pickin' and cookin'.  Gotta watch our for those big pears though!