MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

AUGUST $5 WINNER IS................   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Aug-1 by NWFLAFOB; 379 views.
NWFLAFOB

Aug-1

Good morning, everybuddy.  First day of August - how'd we get here??  One minute it's January and then,

poof! we're on Fall's doorstep.  For me, that's my fave time of year, though. Love the colors - we get a little bit of that here in northwest Florida - and the temps become more pleasant, too.  Hope you all are doing well wherever you are!

This month's rescue is the All Texas Dachshund Rescue.  To use PayPal/credit card, use their link

www.atdr.org .  I just did and it provided a comment box to annotate with FOB DONATION.   If you prefer sending a check, P.O. Box 841336,  Pearland, TX 77584

Here's their response when I notified them of their selection:  "How fabulous!  I remember this from a few years ago!  We are very honored.  Let us know if there is a link to share or how to recognize your efforts!  Thx   Linne’"

So, y'all should know if we were organized and had an actual "home base" online, we'd be recognized there!

Please annotate FOB DONATION and let me know when you've seen and sent.

?

hatchery1

Aug-3

Hello Linda,

I made a $25 Paypal donation to All Texas Dachshund Rescue, and annotated it as an FOB Donation.  They've saved so many Dachshunds over the years! Great rescue.

It's definitely the Dog Days of August here in South Florida, in the 90's.  We've been getting a lot of Saharan Dust coming in from Africa, which makes the sky hazy, and it bothers my eyes and sinuses.  But the good thing is that it keeps the tropics quiet, so no hurricanes so far!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way... 

NWFLAFOB

Aug-3

Tricia, thank you.   Yes, they do wonderful rescue work.

I've been seeing satellite maps of the dust cloud spreading here from Africa.  It truly is credited as keeping potential for hurricane development at a low level.  Atmosphere remaining too dry to provide the moisture needed for storm formation.   You'd never know that here. We're having rain every blessed day.  That's been going on for over a month.  It's crazy!

DJoAnn

Aug-10

Sent donation to All Texas Dachshund Rescue!!!!   Awwww, such cuties.  Thank you  (always!) for making this possible every month.

Hugs! jodie

In reply toRe: msg 4
NWFLAFOB

Aug-11

Thank you, Jodie!   Hugs backatcha!!

PattyTx1

Aug-11

Hi Linda,

Happy August!  Wish we were at fall's doorstep in north Texas, but alas, it is still close to or over 100 everyday.  We wait for October!!

I have seen your post and sent my donation by PayPal.  What little cuties this rescue helps!

Patty

cigarello

Aug-12

Hi Linda:  I just contributed with my credit card so didn't have an opportunity to indicate I am part of FOB- Looks like a great rescue for the adorable Dachshund!!!!

You are so right about time flying: I watch Saratoga Races on TV  since they started in July, and here we are halfway through, almost to fall-  Cannot believe it!!!

amycapshaw

Aug-14

Just sent my donation in. I had Dachshunds grown up and just love them!

As always, thank you Linda!

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Aug-14

Thanks, Patty.

All things considered, this summer has not been as blistering hot as in the past.  June saw some 100 or so days and we figured we were in for some extremely hot conditions.  Then, the monsoons arrived and I think all that rain - every freaking day for what seemed like a month or more - kept the temperatures down.   I just get excited when Fall arrives!

NWFLAFOB

Aug-14

Thanks, Marilyn!