MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RIP Queen Elizabeth    Horse Racing

Started Sep-8 by Amy (1pony); 1772 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-8

We have lost a wonderful person today.

RIP Queen Elizabeth now joined with Prince Phillip, her corgis and horses.

Condolences to her family, friends and all who loved her.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-8

Flurry84

Sep-8

Rest in Peace Your Majesty.

Queen Elizabeth II provided tremendous stability for the UK for decades and was truly a role model for many.

I will always remember her horsemanship when her horse Burmese was startled by gunfire at Trooping the Colour.

gerchgo

Sep-8

RIP Queen Elizabeth, my condolences to her family and entire world who respected and loved her. She will be missed everywhere.

cigarello

Sep-8

Queen Elizabeth was a unique and amazing  person and a beloved Queen--

RIP great lady

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-8

She certainly was, not to mention an incredible horsewoman who bred fine Thoroughbred racehorses. Will King Charles take over the stable and breeding decisions or will they be disbursed at a sale? 
I am very curious about all this.

gerchgo

Sep-8

I wonder if Princess Ann will?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-8

After I posted the message her name came to mind. Time will tell, I am sure the Queen had everything figured out.

cigarello

Sep-9

https://www.racingpost.com/news/she-has-been-more-important-to-this-sport-than-any-other-single-person/539977

A great article from the Racing Post describing her enormous impact on racing in the UK-

I too wonder what will happen with her horses-- but as someone pointed out, she most likely had a plan for that - her love of horses goes back to when she was but a child. She was so unique.