MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DECEMBER $5 WINNER IS.....   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Dec-1 by NWFLAFOB; 458 views.
NWFLAFOB

Dec-1

Happy December.  This month's rescue is Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society (and they are a non-profit despite the sound of their name!)  To donate via credit card/PayPal go to  www.bgshelterpets.com , click on the DONATE link on home page.  After you enter amount of your donation, click on the "leave us a comment" box and you can annotate FOB DONATION.  If you prefer mailing your donation:   BGWCHS,  P.O. Box 1456,  Bowling Green, KY  42102

Please let me know when you've made your donation.  Thank you all for sticking with our monthly donation "club".  Our efforts are always helpful and appreciated by the rescue groups and the animals they have saved.  

When I notified them, I received response from two of their representatives:

What an amazing program! Thank you so much for choosing us as your December brick & mortar rescue!  Every cent donated from Fans of Barbaro to our organization will go directly to our fur babies in need. No amount of donations is either too large or too small!

I greatly admire your group's political awareness in the fight for animal welfare. It is certainly not an easy one, but the good things in life are worth fighting for. We wish you the best of luck in these political endeavors. And yes, these funds will absolutely help in a small way. :)  Thank you from all of us! 

Respectfully,

Brandon Taylor

Adoption Center Manager

Thank you so much for your email and for thinking of us! This definitely has been a difficult year here at the shelter, but community support like you are giving is what keeps us going! We appreciate your efforts so much and will put your donation to good use. Have a wonderful day! 

--

Leah Lawrence

hatchery1

Dec-3

Linda, Happy December, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I made a $25 donation by PayPal to Bowling Green Humane Society. I'm glad they're so appreciative of our gift. I know how hard it is at so many shelters. The shelters near us here in South Florida are all full. So sad.

I hope Sam and Sadie are happy and healthy, and doing well.

Have a wonder Christmas season, and thank you for making this club possible!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

NWFLAFOB

Dec-3

Tricia, thank you for your donation.  The rescue truly is grateful of our efforts.

Sam and Sadie are happy as pigs in slop.  We agonized over rehoming Sadie.  I researched and found a really good rescue with a thorough adoption process, adoption contract, and $300 adoption fee - all of which would weed out (hopefully) bad people.  But, we just couldn't do it.  She and Sam are so happy together and she is actually calming down a good bit.  She went thru her spay surgery with flying colors.  Sam has some sort of heart/lungs problem.  Rapid respiration rate but gums are pink, he doesn't pant for breath.  Vet wants to investigate a little further before neutering him.  He's on a course of Prednisone right now and his respiration has actually slowed a little - maybe the inflammation in his lungs is decreasing.  I take him back on the 13th for a recheck.

It's heartbreaking to see how full shelters and rescues everywhere are.  It just keeps getting worse.  And, those in the shelters might be the lucky ones.  The rest wind up being dumped like Sam and Sadie and Goldie were.  Of course, in the long run, THEY were the lucky ones!!

I go in next Tuesday for a core needle biopsy. Routine mammogram showed something.  Follow up mammogram also showed it but an ultrasound could not find it.  So, now I get to undergo a biopsy.  Results two days later.  I'm trying not to worry but, of course, I am!!   So, positive thoughts appreciated.

PattyTx1

Dec-3

Happy December and Merry Christmas!  I have seen your post for the December rescue.  What a great message you received by from them!  It's good to know our donations are appreciated.  I will be thinking of you and saying a little pray for you next week during your biopsy.  We are here for you.

Patty  

NWFLAFOB

Dec-4

Thank you, Patty.  I definitely appreciate the prayers of support.  Will be glad when next week is over!

NWFLAFOB

Dec-8

Patty, wanted to let you know the procedure was absolutely painless.  I was super nervous going in but my technician turned out to be a dog lover/rescuer and we talked about our dogs.  That put me at total ease!  No discomfort or ill effects afterward either.  Received call yesterday evening to check on how I was doing and to deliver the biopsy results since it was a good report.  Zero signs of malignancy.  Turned out to be fat.  Best Christmas gift ever to be diagnosed with fat!   Definitely a relief.

PattyTx1

Dec-9

Great!  Yes, fat is good.  Just ask me!!!

cigarello

Dec-9

Hi Linda:  I know the feeling of relief: so happy for you!

cigarello

Dec-12

Hi Linda:  I just donated---

Can't believe it is almost Xmas- Wishing you and yours a very happy holiday season

NWFLAFOB

Dec-12

Marilyn, thank you!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.  Here's hoping, too, that 2023 is a great year for all!