MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"BUMP" IF YOU LOVE BARBARO    Barbaro and Family

Started 6/2/07 by barbarosoars; 375429 views.
sandins

Apr-3

Jamie is getting ready for Barbaro Statue flowers we put around statue at KD for those who want to honor him....she will post more 
but says that they are still $5/stem....star

hatchery1

Apr-4

Bumping for Barbaro!

Jamie is great to still be organizing the Barbaro Statue flowers. She's amazing.

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

sandins

Apr-4

HI Tricia.....YES, she is!! Think it is her mission and maybe her promise to Barbaro........star

sandins

Apr-4

from Jamie Gillispie
Dear FOB's.......I can begin taking rose orders today. The price per stem will be the usual $5. I am doing a few things differently this year. In honor of the 16th year anniversary of Barbaro's incredible Derby win, I will be making 16 arrangements of all red roses, Each arrangement will have a dozen roses. Each bouquet will be tagged with a large white card that will contain your messages.
There will be an all white bouquet for our Heavenly FOB's with a card with all of their names. The Derby Champions will have their single red and single white roses small bouquets and of course the eternal Eight Belles will get her special arrangement.
Regarding tags, the larger card will contain your small messages to the people and animals for whom you have chosen your rose.
We will be meeting on Saturday April 23 at around 10:30. Normally we meet on or close to Barbaro's birthday. I can't be in town that week unfortunately so it will have to be the 23rd this year.
As far as polishing this year, we most likely won't have the manpower to do a full polishing. Last year there were only 3 people at the statue in total including me. So we can rinse him off and buff Barbaro with some soft clothes. Then we will lay the roses out and get pics of the roses and all the tagged cards.
There are 3 ways to pay.
1. Paypal..........if you use the friends and family
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited April 4, 2022 11:40 pm  by  sandins
cigarello

Apr-9

Hi: I was finally able to donate at Paypal-- I was not able to indicate anything about the names of the horses I would like at least a few of the roses dedicated to: they are as follows:

YorkiePoo Princess, Bullard's Alley, Medina Spirit, Arrogate, and of course Barbaro-  forever in my heart.

sandins

Apr-9

I will copy for Jamie