MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"BUMP" IF YOU LOVE BARBARO    Barbaro and Family

Started 6/2/07 by barbarosoars; 379837 views.
sandins

May-3

He has led the way and I have learned so much from his life. His patience was amazing,as he healed, with all setbacks, and we love him, always. His legacy is Great. among all others.            blue_heartgreen_heart

Sandy

PattyTx1

May-7

Remembering Barbaro on this 2022 Kentucky Derby Day.

Guide them all to a safe trip.

A big bump for Barbaro!!!

sandins

May-7

yes and how he did not like the roses on him........our fav Derby Day

Barbaro leads the way.....

cigarello

May-7

A Sublime performance!!!!

sandins

May-7

green_heartblue_heart and how proud the Jacksons and Michael were!!!

PattyTx1

May-8

I know I am reading into this and people will scorch me, but I think he didn't like the roses because he felt his glory was not ultimately going go be on the racetrack.  It was going to be his legacy that endured.

sandins

May-8

not scorching you, but interesting theory. His life after his accident did conirm his greatness, in our eyes, and in many others'

Flurry84

May-8

Did you see Secret Oath after her win in the Oaks?  She absolutely refused to have those lilies  put over her neck.  They tried and finally just gave up.  I know owners want that winner's photo, but I guess they had to settle for a regular image.  Reminded me of Barbaro's attitude toward the roses.  Still love that image of him posing with the roses placed across the fencing in the shedrow.

PattyTx1

May-10

I did not see that!  The only one I saw that the confirmation picture of her after the race.  She is one gorgeous filly!  Can't wait to see her in the Preakness.  Yes, her behavior does remind me of Barbaro's toward the roses.  That picture of him with the roses in his stall and the one of him arriving for the Preakness are 2 of my favorite pictures of him.

Flurry84

May-10

Those two Bobby photos are among my favorites also.

I surely hope and pray that Secret Oath continues to win and then produces exceptional foals to honor the amazing Arrogate.  Lost way too soon.