Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 246426 views.
LyndaP31

3/7/12

Not suprising! Vinegar is The Bomb!! One of the best medicines out there.
Mimsforever

3/10/12

It was a great relief to be able to get to the barn every day, three days in a row, even if I can't really do any work. I was getting so depressed without my ladies interaction!

Just being able to touch the ladies is a healing for me. I have been able to brush a few here and there...not really grooming, mind you, just knocking the mud off.

Oh, and I talked with Elmhurst about his VERY BAD behavoir! He has been giving our volunteers FITS as he gets all the ladies riled up and running when they should be coming in for dinner. He farts at just about everyone and in short, has been acting like the class clown with a substitute teacher in an unruly class room.

He picks on Pete, too! Every dang day, Pete comes down from the barn with a description of the rotten things Elmo has done.

Well, tell you what! I took Elmhurst to his stall and scolded him. He claims he has been a perfect angel. (in fact, he was perfect for me.) He claims that what THOSE people thinks is riling the ladies is him just trying to round them up for easy catching and he claims no one but me understands his sense of humor.

Yup, I don't buy it.

I get stronger every day. I am back at my paying job (light duty only) and am mending fast. Hopefully, I will be back at the barn full time after St Patricks day.

Thats the goal.

LindaVA3

3/10/12

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you!!!  Elmo needs your firm hand :)
Weldon54

3/10/12

You crack me up, Jeanne! I can always visualize exactly what you describe...."He farts at just about everyone...." ROFL!!! I've got two that have their moments like that. :)

I'm so glad to hear you're rounding the turn and coming down the stretch. I've been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. I know all the hores have missed you terribly.

Faye

Mimsforever

3/26/12

Doncha just hate Mondays?

Its Lotka's 29th birthday and I thought it might be nice to celebrate with pedicures for everyone... we only got through HALF the ladies before our devoted farrier had to leave. Too many stiff knees...

Elmhurst is being VERY BAD! He demands FULL ATTENTION when he is in his stall. If he doesn't get it, he starts kicking the walls...HARD! He gobbles his feed and hay and wants more...BAM, BAM, BAM! If I pay attention to anyone else...BAM, BAM, BAM. If we just leave the barns while everyone is inside...BAM, BAM, BAM!

He and I are going to scrap! Just wait till the doctors clear me to deal with him!

LindaVA3

3/29/12

OH no I missed seeing this, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LOTKA!!!

Elmhurst sure sounds like a handful!!

twigs6652

3/29/12

Jeanne,

Sometimes I just have to laugh when I compare horses to a room full of children.  Very similar in many regards. 

When my daycare boyz are acting bad, which occurs about every other minute or so, I keep saying to myself..."Bad boys, boys what you gonna do..what you gonna do when they come for you."

In your case you can say, "Bad boy, bad boy what you gonna do...what you gonna do when Jeanne comes for you."

Of course, my girls as well as your ladies get themselves into a peck of trouble too but somehow it is different.  Not better, not worse just different.

Lauren

jamielsg

3/29/12

Happy Belated Birthday Beautiful Lotka!  See you soon............Elmhurst, please behave!

Jamie

Mimsforever

4/5/12

HA!

I have been cleared, by the surgeon,  to resume all normal activity!

So I rode a horse today! I am FREE!

gerchgo

4/5/12

Woohoo! Congrats! Watch out Elmhurst!!!!!!

ger