Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 246556 views.
jamielsg

10/9/12

Oh no........hateful kitty mama.............

AmericaBlues

10/9/12

Love the pictures Linda, makes me miss those ladies so much. So glad you all had a great time. I hope to return next April for another Mims day.

Ruth (NJ)

Weldon54

10/9/12

Great pictures, Lynda! It's so good to see everyone enjoying a "carrot party" in the pasture. I've missed all the pictures and videos you used to take.

Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Faye

KLB (ghizmatt)

10/9/12

Thanks for the pictures of the ladies.  As I remember, they are not shy when it comes to getting carrots. 
KLB
Mimsforever

10/11/12

yes beautiful pictures!

Mimsforever

10/11/12

Hey all,

Ms Stalwart is not doing well. She hurts so much; meds do not seem to help. She is also losing weight. Poor dear is SKINNY, skinny.

I am afraid she will be leaving us soon. She is not happy at all, and, there doesn't seem to be any quality of life left.

I dread the winter with her arthritis paining her so. At least with the Princess I can keep the pain at bay with meds. I can't with Stalwart. It is not fair to her to make her go on. Its just not right. No matter how much it hurts us, there is a time to say goodbye.

• Edited 10/11/2012 8:57 am ET by Mimsforever
LabbieLove3

10/11/12

Bless you for always putting "what's best for the horse" first... they are lucky to live out their retirements with you!

Julie

LindaVA3

10/11/12

We had a wonderful time with the Ladies and Elmhurst, thanks so much for having us.

Ms. Stalwart seemed worn out to me, bless her heart.  I know you will be able to tell when it's time, you always put their best interests first.

LAM232

10/11/12

Sorry to read this news, Jeanne.....but you always "read" the horses in your care so well. You will know when it is time. Sounds like Ms. Stalwart has possibly already decided for you.

Give her a hug for me.

Linda