Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 246449 views.
LabbieLove3

10/11/12

Bless you for always putting "what's best for the horse" first... they are lucky to live out their retirements with you!

Julie

LindaVA3

10/11/12

We had a wonderful time with the Ladies and Elmhurst, thanks so much for having us.

Ms. Stalwart seemed worn out to me, bless her heart.  I know you will be able to tell when it's time, you always put their best interests first.

LAM232

10/11/12

Sorry to read this news, Jeanne.....but you always "read" the horses in your care so well. You will know when it is time. Sounds like Ms. Stalwart has possibly already decided for you.

Give her a hug for me.

Linda

gunny101

10/11/12

It sounds like she's made her decision to move ahead. It's always so heart rending when it's time to part, but she probably knows that her vital spirit is simply being held captive by her failing body now.  

I always like to think of death as the birthing process - a time to leave one realm for another. Just like birth, for some, it's quick and easy and for others it's a long process of letting go. Bless her and your hearts that they may be comforted as you both make this transition.

KLB (ghizmatt)

10/13/12

Jeanne,
I have afraid we would get this post since I visited in May.  She was not doing well, and you were concerned then.  You will know when she tells you it is time to help her cross.  What a gift of love you can share with her.
Kiss her for me and let her know that she has been loved across the miles.
KLB
  • Edited 10/13/2012 8:29 pm by KLB (ghizmatt)
MMM2009

10/14/12

Jeanne - have you tried Previcox?  It worked wonders with Mr. Big The Red - who was hurting too - and losing weight as a result -
Mimsforever

10/14/12

Yup, that was our last big hope. Poor dear, even 4 grams of bute a day doesn't touch her discomfort.
MMM2009

10/14/12

:(  I am so sorry
Bluwater

10/16/12

Stunning photographs. Brings back many happy memories of when Jo and I visited The Ladies in April 2009 - a day that impacted me profoundly.

((((( JEANNE )))))

((((( THE LADIES OF OUR MIMS )))))
Bluwater

10/16/12

(((( Ms Stalwart ))))