Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 250883 views.
Serebyani

11/22/12

I had the Honor of attending to the Ladies and Gents on Tuesday.
I was happy to help out with barn chores and help relieve Jeanne of some of her work!

I only snapped a few pictures, but these few of Ms. Stalwart turned out well.

I have no idea why I can't post the direct pictures...

Much <3 to The Ladies and Gents- I miss them all already!!
The Haven is really a little slice of Heaven!!
Mimsforever

11/23/12

Thank you so much for all your help...we have been worried we gave you sore muscles and blisters!
Mimsforever

11/23/12

It is with DEEP REGRET we must report that EQUINE OUTREACH has decided to keep Iza Princess in Oregon.

We just could not raise money fast enough to beat the winter weather...

They promise, how ever, to return all funds donated for her transport.

Please keep Iza Princess in your prayers. We believe her to be safe but we all know that prayers will keep her that way.

myheart10

11/23/12

I haven't been here in ages and so happy to see pics of Mamma Stalwart!!!
myheart10

11/23/12

Jeanne

I have not been her in ages and I just read about Ms Stalwart:( Is she ok? I am very thankful that you opened your heart to her and gave her her final days with you and the ladies . She is always in my heart..

Stacy

Mimsforever

11/24/12

I am afraid Ms. Stalwart will not be with us very much longer. I had intended to let her go in October but was asked by one of herr favorite people to hold off till she could say good bye.

Poor dear just hurts so much. Nothing we have done eases her pain. Even on 4 grams of bute per day for weeks on end...none of the pain meds have worked.

She is so tired.

I am just waiting till next week and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

myheart10

11/24/12

Jeanne,

You have given her the best last years of her life I know how hard this decision is I had to make it for My 21 year old QH that had laminites last month. I can't thank you enough for opening up your heart and having that dream. I know I owe you big time and one day I promise I will... My friend Kim and her daughter were there last week so she had informed me. Please give her a huge hug for me. She was a grand broodmare and it was a pleasure to work with her babies and her grand babies.. She will not be forgotten..

KLB (ghizmatt)

11/24/12

Please hug Miss Stallwart for me.  I know these have not been easy months for her or you, especially now that winter has come , but she has known love and respect, and we have been blessed to have been a small part of her final years.

Thank you,
KLB
Serebyani

11/24/12

No blisters, and only mild stiffness in my back the next morning-

and WELL WORTH IT!!

Trip back to NC was long but uneventful...
Wishing I was still in KY!!
pschmid1012

11/25/12

As both my spouse & I have visited Our Mims & seen the wonderful +++  care you give the Ladies,  I only hope that Ms.Stalwart's fav.people can get to Our Mims & soon.

Would hate if you have an early hard winter on Ms. Stalwart....  & you, seeing what pain she may experience.

You seem to know , when enough is enough.

My thoughts are with you  & Ms. Stalwart.

Bless you both!